Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pictures of my new scrapbook room and CKC here we come

So hard to see details but this room is great. There are still things to be done but it's mostly there. I also have a card table set up with a board on it to have my sewing machine permanently set-up. The table is just a bifold door right now but I'm liking standing up while scrapbooking so far. I helps me to put things back as I use them. If I was sitting in a chair then I wouldn't turn to put the away. P.S. Didn't realize how much ribbon I had until now. There is still some rolls tucked away that I have to get a bar for. I could use 2 or 3 more jars too but not enough room.


Got some pictures of Kendra yesterday afternoon to document her at 12 months. I used the manual mode on my camera and they look great here but blown up they are fuzzy. I think I will try to retake some with my tripod this time.

Today I signed Micah up to the local public school and got to visit the classroom. The classroom wasn't as organized as I thought but for an older classroom I guess it worked. The secretary indicated that there could be one or two classes so we won't know if it's mornings or afternoons until June. I figure I can always pull him out and register for the Christian school at anytime.

I also signed up for two classes with the Creating Keepsake (CK) Convention that is happening in Buffalo in June. I am taking a class with Lisa Bearnson and Erin Lincoln mostly just to meet them but the classes seemed interesting and very reflective of why we scrapbook. So far I have Patti, Avril and Christine signed up to take the classes with me. We also have Christine, Avril and I staying overnight at a hotel. Should be fun. I'm really debating about volunteering some time. You get two free admissions and $30 of free product plus if it's being a teacher assistant then I'd get to hear about the classes too and do some networking. Humm is 5 hours of my time worth it. Maybe I'll contact them to see if there is anymore details.

Went scrapbooking tonight at church. I looked at one page and it wasn't working so I put it away and started another one. I will try to finish that one tommorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you get to take a class with Erin Lincoln - she's fabulous! Have fun at CKC. Great pics of Kendra BTW; they don't look fuzzy at all online.

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Your scraproom looks awesome!! I am jealous of your jars LOL. They look great.

That volunteer stuff at CKC sound like it would be worth it - go for it! :)

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Heather M. said...

Oooh, your scrap room looks awesome! I would love to take a class from Erin Lincoln and Lisa Bearnson! FUN!

12:59 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I wanna see your pictures bigger too!!! or better yet I may have to come and see it in person!
Yay can't wait for the classes in June! We'll have to remember to bring our cameras!

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home