The school debate/Valentine fun
Jamie and I had a discussion about school stuff on the weekend. It's seems that we are leaning to sending Micah to the local public school at least for kindergarten and maybe sending him to the Christian school for Grade 1. This way he will find some friends in the neighbourhood to play with. The down side is that the class ratios would be very high at the public school (ie. less attention) and the public school wouldn't talk about GOD/Jesus at all.
I thought of sending him to the Catholic school too just for kindergarten as there will be two other kids he knows there. Jamie was hesitant as he would get attached to the kids and then we would pull him out to go to the Christian school in grade 1. He also said that sometimes there is trouble kids in Catholic schools although this would be in the higher grades. The catholic board also wants the kids (or parents) to be baptized Catholic though so we might not even get in anyway. We would have to wait to see if there was room after all the registrations had taken place. I might visit there this week just to see what is going on at that school.
I do really want some more info about the public school though. They aren't very helpful in matter so far (well at least the secretary isn't). I'll have to wait until the sign up day on February 22nd to see the school and then we can get some further info. The Christian school spots will always be there.
Kendra is crawling up stairs with ease now. She only really got up one stair before but now she goes all the way to the top. I have to get some better babygate methods in here. I have one swinging one that needs a new bracket to be put up properly.
Yesterday, Micah wanted to paint so I had an idea to make valentines. Well that was fun for them but what a mess. I drew a heart on a peice of construction paper and Micah put his hand prints on them. I thought Kendra should add some too so I did her's too. She had paint all her clothes, all over me, all over the floor. Then Micah decided to paint some of the bathroom with his dirty hands. I did finally manage to get it all cleaned up with about 7 times in washing Kendra's hands. She kept going back to the paint in mid- cleanup.
Sunday, Kendra had a cold so Jamie said home from church with her while Micah and I went. I totally needed to hear that message. He was talking about trying to move forward with God but having other things get in the way (ie. your disobience). I am really struggling with learning how to hear his voice and I know there are things that I haven't dealt with that are blocking me.
Today we went to the YMCA to go swimming again. It was lots of fun but a tad chilly for the little ones today. The temperature was cooler with the colder weather outside I bet. Patti meet me up there for the diaperfit class with Ian so I had fun being with her too.

2 Comments:
choosing school is tuff, my kids go/will go to Catholic school becasue dh is RC, it's hard to know what's best, there are bad kids in every board, all you can do is talk to them from an early age about your values and listen when they talk back!
10:55 PM
I agree with Kimmie, there are troubled kids in all schools. I am RC and even though the choice is obvious for me, I still have decisions to make regarding school, we have two schools and we are right between them both. So next year I will be in the same boat as you, with deciding, however the one school is right across the parking lot from the day care, so we are leaning towards that one, and to top it all of.... it is uniformed, which has me thrilled!!!!
Best of Luck in the education search!!!!
12:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home