Kids updates
I haven't done one of these in a while so here it goes.
Micah is swimming like a fish. He swims quite far now and will go down 3 or 4 ft to the bottom of the pool. He just finished up his sunfish swimming lessons at the end of July and he has lots of confidence in the pool now.
He is loving fishing. A couple of weeks ago he caught 3 fish in one night (only 30 minutes of being there). First cast he got one. He generally doesn't catch anything though. We go down to the "King of the Kastle" place at the mouth of the creek and Lake Ontario. Of course, the day he catches some fish I don't have my camera.
Micah is getting better with the listening. He still has issues but he knows when he has to wait for me, especially when riding his bike and in parking lots. I was always afraid he was going to get hit. I still have to be careful but I'm much more at easy with it. Either that or I'm more worried about Kendra now. It's a good thing she is still so light that I can carry her though the parking lot.
Kendra is getting so big. She is really doing well with the potty. She will go pee most of the time (with a few accidents here and there). She is still working out the poo part but it looks like she'll get it way faster than Micah did. Girls are way way easier to train for sure. We started in end of May and by July she was getting it most of the time. She was getting peanut butter cups at first, then 2 smarties, then one smartie and now she wants marshmellows instead.
Kendra is also learning feelings. We were at the pool on Saturday and all of a sudden she says, "I happy". It just melted my heart.
Kendra is quite the independant one and she keeps saying "me do it". On saturday she could barely touch the bottom of the pool but she wanted to do it without floaties. She looks up to her big brother and wants to do what he is doing.
Kendra is starting to not want to nap anymore so some days she goes with out a nap and she fights me some of the other days.
I really have to get Kendra in a big girl bed soon but I will wait until September routines get in with school. I know she is going to be a handful, getting in and out of bed.

3 Comments:
Love your updates on the kids Heather. It always brings a smile to my face.
11:58 PM
That's great about Micah catching the fish! (We've taken our kids fishing, but they've never caught anything-- yet!)
8:52 AM
Loved your swimming info on Micah. We race across the pool and I am only allowed to use one hand. He actually beats me.
12:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home