
This past weekend I was at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Buffalo. I went over on Friday night with my Sister in law Avril and we meet Linda and Elizabeth later. Avie and I did some shopping in at Target before we meet up with Linda and Elizabeth to go to Joanne's and Walmart. After going to Walmart we went to the Cheesecake Factory for cheesecake of course. Yummmy!!! We got back to our hotel at midnight with no A/C (not so great for Elizabeth since she is pregnant). The only rooms left were smoking so we ended up paying half the room rate since there was no A/C. WAHOO!!

On Saturday morning we went on a early morning walk with Stacy Julian around downtown Buffalo. I always knew the buildings there were historical but I never took the time before to look. Stacy got a "Walk Buffalo" map and toured us around reading out of the book periodically. It was fabulous. We then had to check out of the hotel and get our stuff in the car before heading to our 8:30 am class. We were late to the class but thankfully the lady next to us helped us catch up to speed. The little mini-book was awesome of course since it was designed by my friend, Vicki Boutin. Jessica Sprague taught the class and she was awesome. We then had 20 minutes before our Stacy Julian Class, finish line scrapbooking. I found it difficult but the concept is interesting. You take 20-40 photos and group them into categories (ie. people, landscapes). Then you crop all the photos down the main part of the photo WITHOUT DESIGNING (this is the part I didn't like) and you get the book done. We did 18 pages in 2 hours. We never got to embellishing the book but I'll have to do that later. The book is all just pictures but you do save one page for journalling. I loved the mini-book idea and I will definately try it again just not so fast next time.


We also

launched the new June Scraptivity kit on Friday. I love this Metropolis paper by Scenic Route and the chipboard is fabulous. I have done four pages but one is a surprise so I'll have to save that one for later. Not sure why I did 3 pages of Kendra, it just happened to work out that way.
4 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great time in Buffalo! Lucky you! Your June pages look awesome!
5:00 PM
Great layouts, Heather! It sounds like you had a great time in Buffalo, too!
5:28 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Maybe I'll get a chance to go next year.
Love the layouts.
7:59 AM
Found your blog randomly.
Hello from the UK :-)
3:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home