Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shopping Trip/soccer

I left on Thursday night for our small group ladies shopping trip to Pennslyvania. We stayed at my dad's cottage in New York State on Thursday night and then headed through the hilly backroads into Grove City Pennslyvania where there is the Prime Outlets Mall. We spend from 1 pm to 6:30 there, breaking up on our own and meeting at the next major store. It was fabulous and the bonus is that Pennsylvania has no taxes on esstential items like clothes and shoes. I spend a lot of money on me but I guess I don't go shopping all that often (it was a year ago that I did some shopping in Florida). We stayed the night near Hermitage (all the hotels were booked closer to the mall). We went out to Applebees for dinner and then hit the 24 hour Walmart (like that). We got back at the hotel around 11 pm.


God took care of us too as the van's tire went low twice on us and so I had to pull over (with no knowledge of a gas station or anything) and right off the exit was a Chysler Dealership. I was worried that they might want to replace the tire or charge us lots so we prayed quickly before going in. So I tell them the problem and they take it right away and fix it. We only waited about 10 minutes and it was all done. I ask how much it is and they say, "nothing" I couldn't believe it. Prayers do work. God is in the little things too.


The next morning we ended up going on the wrong highway and went out of the way. It wouldn't have been more than 20 minutes extra but then we hit stop and go traffic so it ended up being an extra hour. Oh well things happen like that. We did a quick stop at Skeetcher's for some new shoes (paid $45 for shoes that are $90 at home) and I quickly did Fossil and got a new watch. After we finished there we drove into Erie, Pennsylvania and went to the Olive Garden for lunch. All you can eat soup and salad for $5.95. We did an hour at the mall in Erie and headed for home. We got home around 7 pm and was just able to see the kids go to bed.


The kids never did get the chicken pox while I was gone but I did call Telehealth and they seemed to think it was likely Roselia they had. It was gone on Sunday so we did end up going to church and it was a lazy day.


Monday the inlaws took the kids out in the morning and jamie worked on the deck railing and I did some painting. Feels so good to get the projects done around the house. Of course, the list is never ending.

On Tuesday, Micah had his first soccer game. They did drills for about 20 minutes and then they have snack and then there is a mini game with another team. They started with 3 kids on the field at a time but near the end they put everyone on at once. So funny to watch them all go after the ball at once. There are lots of kids in Micah's class there and the one girl I babysit plays too. He is wanting to wear his soccer shoes everywhere now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Moments said...

Sounds like a great weekend. So glad to hear the good news with your tire.

8:17 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

awww love the Micah soccer photos!! looks like he's having fun! That green colour looks great on him as well! Sounds like you had a fun shopping trip away too! good for you! :)

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

sounds like an awesome trip and Micah is so grown up in his soccer uniform!!! see ya Sat!!

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Tara said...

Wow sounds like a great weekend Heather!! Jessica (12) is saving her $ for a shopping trip, she would be envious of you!! Great photos of your little soccer player, the colours are so sharp! tfs!

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home