Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring is here!!

Spring is here finally and hence why I haven't been blogging as much. We had that nice warm summer like weather starting Thursday last week and ended Tuesday and I was outside almost the whole time. I had my new May Scraptivity kit to play with and I didn't really want to scrapbook (did I say that outloud). All weekend I worked on stripping and painting my cabinet for my family room. It's not done at all but the stripping is the worst part and it's done and primed now. All I need is for the rain to stop. Well the rain was good for the scrapbooking kit.

Saturday April 14th we had a reunion for the church that Jamie's family pastored from when Jamie was just 8 years old until he was just 20 or so. I didn't know as many of the people although I had meet some of them through other churches his parents pastored. It was a blast and a great time to be together with the Lord. Jamie's parents fully enjoyed themselves. The kids had fun playing with the flags and did quite well being up until 8:30 before we decided to go home.


On last Saturday I went to Mississauga to get Leigh and some ladies from her church at a conference she was attending. We had been weight loss buddies last year and got to meet up for the first time in Winnipeg (she lives about an hour away from there) last September. We went out for dinner at Swiss Chalet and then went to Ikea (the closest one for them is Calgary). http://leighpenner.blogspot.com We had a blast together again and now we are doing the weightloss thing again since both of us gained back at least 10 lbs of the bunch we lost last year.

Last Tuesday I got the neighbour to come babysit Kendra while Micah and I went on a bowling trip with his school. He loves bowling and usually the events they plan are on days when I have the girls so I decided to go with him. I got to witness more of Aurora.



So if you missed the story of Micah and Aurora from a while back I will recap. One day the teacher puts on some Christmas music and Micah and Aurora just start dancing (like ballroom dancing). So Aurora thought it was fabulous that he would dance with her and now she is going to marry Micah. Micah seems to be going along with the plan as they are going to live with Gammie and Papa. Anyways, Aurora wants Micah to be his buddy to walk to the bowling alley so they have to hold hands most of the way. It goes well until Micah says his hand is sweaty almost 1/2 there. She follows him around quite a bit and she is totally a drama queen as she was posing for me to get pictures of her. Way too hilarious!!!

Tonight was fun as my mom paid for us to go see the show "Oh Canada eh?" in Niagara Falls. It was a birthday present for Jamie and she brought her students for a graduation present (those students are treated like one of the family for sure). It was quite well done and the food was awesome. It's a good thing that we get one day off with the diet so I better be good the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home