Skiing
This weekend we went down to my dad and Laura's cottage in Franklinville, NY near the Ellicotville ski hill. On Saturday we went skiing for part of the day. It's been 6 years since both Jamie and I had been skiing so we had to remember what to do but surprising enough it comes back really fast. It's just the muscles that tire really easily.

My dad had arranged (and paid for too) to have Micah in a 2 hour class and Kendra in the daycare program for about 4 hours. So Jamie, my dad and I got to go skiiing for about 1 1/2 hours before we had to pick up Micah from class. I was so worried since it was raining that Micah would get upset with the rain in his face (I was upset with myself for forgetting to bring the 50 cent garage sale googles I got for him) and he wanted to go inside after a while but he was totally fine and loved it all.The kids go up this rubber conveyor belt while standing up. Once they get to the top there is a small incline for them to go down and learn how to "stop like a pizza", "do the duck walk", etc. He even got a report card at the end.

After picked up Micah we had lunch. We had asked Micah if he wanted to go down the bigger hill (the Bunny Hill) and he was really wanting to go. So we went out again for a bit on the Bunny Hill. My dad went and bought one of those harnesses to help him learn but it was more a workout for my dad since Micah really doesn't know how to turn yet. We'll maybe next year he'll do better.We had a blast although it rained most of the time we were there (it was warm though). The muscles were definately working.
On Sunday, we did a bit of sledding and just spent some time with my dad and Laura. It's so nice to be able to get together with them and I hope that our time together becomes more frequent.
Labels: skiing

3 Comments:
sounds like you had a great time!!! You are so lucky to live so close to family! It is such a good thing for your kiddies.
3:57 PM
I am so happy to hear that you guys got to get away and spend some time with your dad and laura. I can hear how much that meant to you in your typed words!! Micah looks like an old pro! So fun!!
10:31 PM
Sounds like you all had a blast. Great photos.
10:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home