Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Celebrate life

Well I got back from CHA and found out that my grandfather died last Saturday while I was away. I'm glad that Jamie decided not to tell me when I had talked to him on the phone as I wouldn't have had such a fun time.


My grandpa Cobban was 94 years old so he had lived a good life and God took good care of him. I know he loved the Lord so I do find comfort in knowing that he is in Heaven. The last time I saw my grandpa in November the Altimerz really was very prominent so I think I knew his time was coming. He had been in and out of the hospital for a few things in the past little while too. You just never know how long they are going to hang on.

So the funeral was yesterday in London at Forest Lawn Memorial. It was a nice service and the kids stayed relatively quiet most of the service. They did run around the rest of the time. Micah was very curious to see what was going on. He went up to the casket and looked inside. He only really saw his great grandpa 2 or 3 times in his life (they lived in Woodstock so it's difficult to see them with the kids) so I don't think he understood. So we might get a bunch of questions in the future. Kendra had no clue what was going on but she did relatively well since she stayed up past nap time. Both of the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home.



I just hurt for my Grandma, she is 95 years old and she has known him since she was young. She's a very indepedant lady and is used to having to serve him all the time. It's funny the minister who did the service said that my grandpa volunteered my grandma for lots of things so I guess he thought she could do anything. Grandma seemed to be holding up but I could tell that she was shaken up a bit.

My grandparents were married 62 years this past November. It's funny how things happen but I did this page for Scraptivity's February kit this month only days before he died. I just love the last picture I got of him before he had a turn for the worst. I'm really glad I got such an awesome picture.


On a happy note, I got some awesome news before I left for CHA. Simple Scrapbooks wants one of my pages for their July/August 2007 issue. I was so excited as I really didn't think that I would every get a page in the magazine since my style is not that "simple". The page was one of my favourites too. It was nice too as I just handed my page to one of the the editors of the magazine at CHA so I didn't have to pay a thing to get it there.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Heather that layout is so beautiful and the timing is incredible! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, especially your grandma during this rough time.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Elia said...

Very sorry for your loss Heather. My thoughts are with you and your family. It is a lovely layout. Big hugs.

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Elaine said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Heather. I am glad he lived a good life.

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

so sorry for your loss HEather, what a lovely tribute page you did!! congras on the pub!!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger tina werner said...

heather, i'm thinking of you and your family. so sorry to hear of your loss. hugs, t

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Katrina said...

I'm sooo sorry to hear of your loss, Heather. It's never easy even when it's time. Hugs to you and your family.

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. 95 is such an amazing age, though, and I am sure everyone is grateful that he had all of those years.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Sorry about your grandpa! Great page on their love though. And doesn't that strong belief just bring so much peace in times like this!

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home