Visiting with my dad and ups and downs




Last week we spend 2 days with my dad and his wife at my dad's cottage in New York State. We had fun visiting, enjoying their projection TV (we watched Micah "Cars" movie many many times), trying to play in the snow, having a tractor ride, playing the crib wars game and doing some shopping (harder to do with two little ones in tow but I did get a new album and a new organizer for my paper).
We got back on New Years Eve and just relaxed the rest of the day. We stayed up just to watch the clock strike midnight and then went to bed. Well boring night at home but at least we made it to midnight. I remember moving one New Years Eve/Day and we were so exhausted we crashed at 9.
On New Years Day, Jamie's parents came and took the kids for a few hours so I decided to tackle painting the front hallway. Oh it looks so nice to have fresh new paint.
Jamie also tackled removing the styrofoam insulation on the basement walls where we get some water and resently discovered some mold when we got our new windows installed. What a surprise to see that our what we thought was a smaller crack is a huge crack with some bowing to the wall. I am really surprised that we don't get more water in the basement with the size of the crack. Thankfully the mold was just in two small areas so Jamie just cleaned them up with some bleach. Jamie was really worried yesterday as it would have to repair the area fast but today he talked with some co-workers and they didn't seem to see it as too pressing. We have lived with it that way for 5 years so I don't see why it would change all of a sudden. So we are going to watch where the water is coming in from for a while and then maybe hire someone in the late Spring. In the meantime we have lots of research to do on what to do.
I chatted with Jamie tonight about getting the new loveseat for the front room and he said I could still get it. I am really excited as that room has been painted the new colour for over a year now and I just want it finished. So my mom's decorator friend is going to look at the pictures of the loveseats again and let me know tommorrow what she thinks will work the best.

2 Comments:
It is great that you had a nice visit with your dad. Happy New Year to you and your family.
12:42 AM
Great photos Heather! And yeah.....a new loveseat! Happy New Year!
2:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home