Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Time for a kids update

I always forget to do these and this is the most important part of why I'm doing this blog so here I go.

Micah is doing a little better now with getting dressed himself. I started a sticker chart so if he does it by himself then he gets a sticker. I was tried of fighting with him about getting his clothes on. He would run around the house instead of putting his clothes on and force me to do it. Didn't matter if he wanted to go out or not. So I had very upset day with him and either he is doing it so he won't get screamed at or the sticker thing is really working. So far so good.

Micah has been having problems not wanting to stay at school. He says, "He doesn't want to leave me". Very sweet but it's not fun. I brought him home once with me as I thought he really was tired and hence the whining but earlier this week I just had to leave him with the student teacher crying. If I don't have to go in with him then that is good so he's been good the last few days. It seems a bit better when I have the daycare kids too as Alana goes to school too.

Micah went swimming with Gammie this morning and apparently he will swim with water wings again but he doesn't want to do it on his own like he was doing. Hopefully, he can get over some fears and just do it. I am thinking of signing him up for lessons again. It's either that, gymnastics, dance, skating or karate (which is expensive). I can't get him to decide which one he wants to do.

Kendra is slowly getting more words out but she seems content to let the daycare girls or Micah talk for her. I do find that she talks more when she's alone with us. She has said, "Got it" and another three word sentence that I completely forget now.

She is still very small girl. We had her weighed at the hospital in Bracebridge when she had croup and she still isn't over 22 lbs yet. I have to take in most of her pants and it seems that dresses worked well in the summer but now that it's winter I have lots of darning to do. She is just fine for her height though. She eats like a horse so I guess she's just going to be a skinny girl. She loves her meat for sure. She will eat some raw vegetables but so not a fan of the cooked ones.

It's funny how the personalities are different with people too. If Micah is around she goofs off like he does but when she is by herself she is sweet. I took her shopping in the US with my mom last week and she was having a ball putting on hats and dancing around the store. Very sweet but then also this week, Micah has taught her to spit. She just doesn't stop. I had to put her in time out a couple of times and she still comes back and spits some more. Hopefully, it's a short phase.

I guess I will include Jamie too. He is getting a bit stressed out at work I think. Yesterday he went to the dentist and they want to refer him to a peridontic specialist (for your gums). They told him that he has a bacterial infection and it could be caused by stress. He is not working long hours but he feels so responsible for what is happening in the company. So right now there is only work until about the end of the year and he stresses over that. So hopefully this specialist appointment won't be until the new year as our dental coverage is maxed out this year.

Speaking of dentist, it looks like Micah's one tooth is discolouring but I don't want to think about it until the new year and then there is me with my chipped front tooth that hasn't taken again so I think capping is going to be what they are going to suggest. Man there goes next years coverage too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. Hadn't read any of it so must have missed some things. So busy with new church right now but things are settling down. Looking forward to train day with Micah. Congrats on magazines publishing your layouts! I guess we have a celebrity in the family now. Also, it is wonderful that you led that girl to Jesus. The Bible says, "The angels rejoice when a sinner repents." However, they couldn't feel one-half as good as we do when we lead one through the prayer to receive Jesus.
Gammie

7:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home