Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Weird man at the house

Last week on Wednesday, I watched a man walking closely to the house. He walked on the front walkway to the car and around the car. At first I thought it was the paper person but I went to look and there was no paper. I watched him walk up the street very close to all the houses. So I get a little bit freaked as I think he might have tried to get into the van. Thankfully we always lock it. So I ended up calling the police about 10 minutes later as I didn't want anyones car broken into or stolen further down the street. So the police officer came and took my statement. He asked if it could be a meter reader but I didn't see him with a hand held machine or did he stop at any other of the houses along the street.

I did learn though that I'm not that observant. All I remember was the black hat and a ipod or walkman. No clothes colours, nothing. What good am I. The police officer said he was probably just trying to get loose change but I just don't understand why someone would look for loose change at 8:40 in the morning when everyone is awake.

Otherwise, the rest of the week was good.

Friday and Saturday was spent helping out with the Mom to Mom Sale and trying to get rid of some of my stuff. Well it was very poorly advertised this time and hence I spent as much as I earned. Thought some of the big stuff would go but nope. I really just hate giving my stuff away for free but we really need to get rid of things.

Sunday I went to the Scraptivity crop at Patti's store in Fonthill (Scrapbook Nook). She is so sweet to let us come for free. I got one page done and started to work on some others. Saw some of the new gelatins in real life as Jen brought them. Hopefully, I'll be getting some of those soon. YUMMMY!!!

Tommorrow, we are off to Puddicombes Farm as it was raining last time we tried to go with the Early Years Centre.

Still debating whether to send Micah to school or not. He seems to be so excited about it (all the kids from school) but I really don't want him thinking that Halloween is okay the devil still started the holiday and that's why we don't like to celebrate it. There is nothing wrong with getting candy or dressing up it's the background of it we don't like. We will go to our church's alternative to Haloween called the Big Top Bash so he can still dress up there.

2 Comments:

Blogger MonaS! said...

Glad you called the police - sounds like that guy was REALLY WIERD!!! As for Halloween, we send our kids to school every year and we let them dress up at school, but it has to be something appropriate. They understand why we don't celebrate it and we have special together time as a family in the evening when all the other kids are trick or treating. My kids LOOOOOVE to dress up so they don't think of it as dressing up for Halloween but getting to wear their favourite dress up clothes to school. Hope you make the right decision for your family.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

I would be TOTALLY freaked out by the guy too!!!! Good thing you called the police!

1:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home