Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well the smoke smell is almost gone and we have gotten a new smoke detector. But I had some smoke in the toaster oven today (some cheese melted inside from the tuna melt) and the detector didn't seem to go on so maybe the location is bad for it (too much airflow). We'll have to move it and see.

We had to cancel our trip to Puddicombes farm on Tuesday as it poured rain all day. It's rescheduled for Halloween day so hopefully the weather is better then.

Other than that I've been gardening (it was really nice out this morning) and trying to clean out the basement (which is always fun - NOT). I really never understood how my mother accumulated so much stuff when I was younger but now I know why. It's just so time consuming to do all those refinishing projects, fix ups and such you just never get to them.

We have a wedding to go to tommorrow (yes a wedding on a Friday) so we have a babysitter coming at lunch time and we are off to that. Jamie is in the wedding party so he has had lots to do this week for the wedding. His tux was paid for by the groom (his friend Stephen) which was totally a surprise. We made him pay for his so we feel bad. Apparently, it's an English tradition though.

1 Comments:

Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

have a great weekend... hope you enjoyed the wedding :)

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home