Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving fun and not so fun!!

Well this weekend we were at my Aunt and Uncles cottage in Bala. The weather was beautiful and the fall colours just goregous. We had fun visiting with my family and got a complete turkey dinner while we were up there too. Micah had a blast fishing. Got some nice pictures and I will upload those tommorrow as I'm tired.

The not so fun part was that Kendra ended up getting croup while we were there. She had high fevers and was up most of the nights so mom and dad didn't get much sleep since we were all together in one room. Thankfully, Micah can put up with Grandma's snoring so he slept with her. On Sunday, I had to carry Kendra everywhere and then that night she had a fever of 39.8 deg C so we ended up going to the hospital in Bracebridge at 1 am. They gave her a steriod for the croup and Infant's advil to help with the fever (we just didn't get any Advil from the small store in Bala - only Tempra). The fever got back to normal in the morning and we did get some sleep after we got back from the hospital at 3:30 am. Monday she slept in the car the whole 3 hour ride home and then made it until 7 pm before going to bed. Last night she slept really well and she is doing much better today.

I ended up going with my mom back home while Jamie and Micah went on to Avie's place for Micah's 4th Birthday. Micah is talking about hockey all the time now so I know he enjoyed it. They went back to Avie's for dinner and cake. Avie was sweet to send me some cake home.

Today was hard for me as when I took Micah to school I thought I'd have some problems getting him to stay (he seems to only have problems when I drop him off by himself and not with the daycare kids in tow). So anyways today he says to me, "Bye mom" and it really hit me that my baby is gone and that he is really wanting to go now. I guess I just justified it in my head when he kept telling me that he didn't want to go.

Got my haircut tonight. It's a bit shorter but not much. I think it's going to work out better but we'll see when I try to do it myself. It's never seems to look the same when I try it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww sorry to hear about Kendra being sick.... poor thing!! I'm glad she's doing better now.

2:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Missed you on Thanksgiving. Don't forget to post the self portrait by Micah you promised us a couple of entries back. Am looking forward to seeing it. You are right about my enjoying Micah's visits as much as his - especially now that he can swim. We swim all over the pool for the whole hour.

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home