Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Got Micah's pictures back from school today and awesome that they got the shirt on him but not so great with the facial expressions. I think I will be doing picture retake day for sure. They have to understand that little kids don't do well with "cheese" or "smile". I think that was the problem. Either that or I'm just a little more picky than the average mom. I'd say probably both.

My faithbooking class went really well on Tuesday although we were really short on time and not everyone showed up. I think because we started late and that I had to cover a lot of basics the first night. Got some good pictures of the kids with my new lens that they can use in their books.

Micah went with Jamie to Kids Konnect (it's a Bible study for kids) on Tuesday night. Jamie is teaching the Grade 3's and Micah is in the JK/SK class. He seemed to have a blast.

I feel so sad for my daycare kids as they had to put their dog down yesterday. They never seemed to be affected today at all. I guess it might be a good thing that they too young to understand, either that or it just hasn't sunk in yet that he isn't coming back. I thought Alana would be sad for sure so I prepared Micah that she might be "sad because her doggie went to doggie heaven". So they get here and he asks them straight out what I just told him. They didn't seem to say anything but gotta love kids and their bluntness.

Apparently, my grandpa is in the hospital again. He didn't sound too hot when I went to visit about 10 days ago. He had said his eye sight was going and I think they were mentioning more bowel problems. Hopefully, Grandma is okay, she is just so used to him being around. She puts up with his negativity and it was so funny to watch them when I went to visit. Funny what 60 years of marriage does and I only hope that Jamie and I can do the same.

Jamie's mom and dad came to get Micah tonight so hopefully I can get lots done tommorrow with only Kendra here. What a blessing to have them take him all the time (although I know she loves it too).

I'm going to my Uncle and Aunt cottage in Bala tommorrow so that should be fun. It'll be nice to relax and visit with them. We are headed to Avie's place for a informal Thanksgiving dinner and Jamie, his dad, Avie and Micah are going to the Kitchener Rangers hockey game again this year. He has been talking about it for a couple of days (although he thinks he is going to be playing). So Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I hear ya about the school photos, Heather! Don't those photographers know that the LAST thing you want is a child shouting CHEESE!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

1:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Cant see the pictures too well, but hopefully you will be happier with the retakes!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too!! Sounds like you have been busy!! Sorry to hear about the school photo... never seem to be good...lol

3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home