Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Monday, September 25, 2006

New Windows and visiting with grandparents


Last Tuesday we got our new windows. The rooms look so much bigger now. They replaced all the basement windows and 3 of the 4 sides of the house on the main floor. We got the framing replaced on the main floor windows too which helped in increasing the size. We are just finishing up painting and putting the trim up (they cut it but we wanted to paint it).

Friday was an interesting day. I had an appointment at Sears to get Kendra's picture taken (and Micah's too if I could get him to take it since the last time he was scared of the flash). We got there fine and I picked a few prints up at Black's, some stuff for Christmas at Sears and we headed over to the Bulk Barn to get Micah some candies since he did get his picture taken (bribes work apparently). So I get back towards the car with tired kids in tow and no keys. We had to retrace our steps with Micah walking and Kendra in the umbrella stroller for an hour and of course I left them on the candy containers at the furthest spot. Of course!!!!

So we were going to be late for school now and I go through the drive thru at Mc Donald's for Happy meals. Neither of them ate it (waste of $8.50) and then Micah didn't want to go to school when we did get home. He said he was tired. So I call the school and tell him that he won't be there. So I'm tired at this point and think I will have a nap too. Well now Micah doesn't want to nap. He ended up watching TV for about an hour and then he proceeds to jump on me to wake me up. Not fun!!

Did get a few nice shots of the kids in the backyard in their good clothes. I couldn't get a good one of them together though. They were moving too much and didn't stay for long.


Saturday I went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Cobban in their nursing home in Woodstock. My grandparents health is starting to fail (but what do you expect at 93 and 95) so they were put in the nursing home section about 3 months ago. My grandpa can walk good but his eye sight is going and he has Alztimers. I think he has some stomach problems too. My grandma remembers everything but she is bend over onto her walker and she has bad ulcers. It was awesome that I got to visit with them for about 2 hours by myself. I had wanted to get them to answer some heritage questions but I ended up giving the papers to Grandma at the end. It's long so I hope she just does it at her own pace.

After seeing my grandparents I went to the Scraptivity crop at the All about scrapbooks, etc. store in Woodstock. It's a really nice store with lots of room. I had a blast as always and I got 2 two pagers and two singles pages done.

Today Micah didn't want to go to school again but I made him go. He says he doesn't want to leave me now (last week it was I don't know anyone at school). He has also been complaining of a tummy ache but not sure if that is fake.

So after school today we had to go to the doctors (Micah has a wart on his thumb so I wanted to know advise in getting rid of it) and he also has a fever. So I feel bad for sending him but I didn't notice a fever before. The doctor did a swab for strep throat so we'll find out in 48 hours. He had had a 3 hour sleep after we got home from the doctors and he still has a temperature (he would only take 1mL of the baby tylenol before nap). But now Micah will miss Picture Day at school tommorrow. Hopefully his teacher is still sick too so I won't miss out on the class picture with Micah in it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun with your new lens Heather!!

I hope Micah starts to want to go to school once he is feeling bettter. I bet that it makes it a lot harder to leave him there when he doesnt want to go either!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

sounds like a rough couple of days with the M man!! The new windows are gorgeous!!! What a difference they make! glad you got to chat with your grandparents too! That is so amazing that they are both sill with you! :)

4:51 PM

 
Blogger tina werner said...

hope your little guy feels better soon... i have a little one who doesn't want to go to school either? weird... i loved school when i was a little kiddo.

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home