Allergic to bees/our long trip
Last week was interesting. I had the daycare kids on Monday and Thursday. Monday was good but Thursday was a disaster. One of the daycare kids found a hive of bees in the rotting wood that is underneath the fence (it blocks the kids from crawling into the neighbours). I ended up having to call the daycare mom and she came from work (thankfully she is close by). So it looked like Alana was bit twice (found out later that there were more on her back). Kendra got stung one (they came inside the house on her collar) and I had been stung twice. I found a red spot on Micah the next day but he never complained at all.
Anyways, after an hour of this all happening I feel my throat getting tight. It wasn't bad but I knew it could get worse. So we get all the car seats in the van and head off to the local hospital. There were tonnes of people in there and totally thought I'd be there a long time but they expedited me as I was a higher risk. So it looks like I have an allergy to bee stings and I have to carry an epipen until I find out for sure if I am allergic to bee stings.
I got back to the house at around 1 pm and the daycare mom was able to get back to work. Totally thankful that she was able to help out. Told her that I would reimberse her for her money.
So on Wednesday we are headed to our whirl wind trip to Winnipeg and Kenora. Just trying to figure out the final details now. WOW 24 hours of driving in 2 1/2 days and then we are only there one day to come back again. I so wished we had more time to visit and see the sights. Another time I suppose. We will be doing some visiting with some S! ladies in Winnipeg and we are staying with some friends that moved to Chapleau about a year ago now. We haven't seen them in ages so it will be nice to catch-up. The kids are staying with the grandparents so it will be nice to be just the two of us. It's our 8th anniversary tommorrow so Happy Anniversary trip to us.
We don't get back until the 5th but I may do some trip blogging in Winnipeg if we have wireless internet service.

5 Comments:
OHHHH I didn't realize you were going on your own!!! I thought that was a brave adventure with 2 kids under 3!! That will be so nice for the 2 of you!! Have a wonderful trip! We'll have to try to get together before school starts up again!
6:32 AM
Have a great trip Heather! And enjoy the "alone time" that you will have! Safe Travels!!!!!
6:28 PM
Happy Anniversary Heather!!! have fun!
8:40 AM
Scary stuff about the bees. Have a great trip! Happy anniversary!
1:46 PM
Have fun, Heather!! Alone time with DH is always precious. Travel safe.
5:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home