Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Finally Kendra's new room

So here are the pictures finally of Kendra's room. I love how it turned out and the trip to Toronto was worth it for the curtains. I do have this toy chest that was mine from my grandpa when I was young. I would really like to clean it up but want to keep the designs on it. Not sure if I should just left it or paint around the designs. They are decoupaged on there. Any ideas?

I had the daycare kids come again this morning. The older one didn't want to leave so that is a good sign. They are so good. They have been at a commerical daycare and man they are so polite and easy to take care of. God has blessed me so much with this. I think it's going to work out well. They come next week for two full days so we'll see how it goes with sleeping here for naps (that can be a challenge at first I've found with my kids). We had a birthday party for the older one that just turned 4 on Saturday so we had some cake. They loved that.

I've had some fun getting my layouts printed for the Making Memories Masters contest but hopefully they will be done today. I'm going to the US tommorrow with Avie to go shopping and to mail it off. Gotta love that you can drive 40 minutes and pay $15 less to mail it. Hope we can get some good shopping in. We have my cousins wedding tommorrow too so it's going to be a busy day.

Time for some kids updates. Kendra said bye "bi" today for the first time to the kids. Way too cute. She is slowly learning new words. Micah is way faster at speaking but the pediatrican said that it's normal for the second one to be slower with talking.

Some quotes I have forgotten to write down for Micah are, "Micah do you want to make cookies today?. Micah: "Oh yes mom that would be wonderful!!". Are you 3 or are you older???

Micah loves to try to spell words right now as he has been watching the word factory DVD. He tries to put letters together and asks what that spells. Usually it's nothing but he is at least starting to learn. Now only if I can get him to sit still for a minute he will be ready for school. He can do up his jacket most of the time, do up his shoes and go to the bathroom by himself so he is physically ready. He starts swimming next week too so hopefully he will listen okay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her room looks great! I love the wall colours. Are those flowers on the wall the ones that light up from Ikea?

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather......PLEASE don't paint the toy chest! Half the beauty of these retro items we have is in the patina and "weather" that those before us have given things! I think it looks great the way it is. Kendra will love it no matter what!

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Love the new room Heather! The paint is gorgeous!(I'm thinking of painting my hall that colour!) and the curtains are fabulous!! So glad to hear that the daycare kids are working out so welL!! That is so great!

9:13 AM

 
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

Heather that is the sweetest little girls room!!! I'm so glad it's working out with the daycare kiddos, your an awesome care giver i bet!!!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home