Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sorry computer troubles - LONG - busy weekend







Well on Thursday last week I went to ZOOZ with the kids with Kiddle Kastle (the Early Years Centre). I was lots of fun and who could beat paying only $5 for all of us to go (and that included lunch too). The trip was the end of year party for Kiddle Kastle and was highly subsized for members. We spent most of the day with Kelly and her kids from my moms group. We looked at animals until noon before going to lunch. We had a bit of fun on the splash pad before having a train ride around the whole park, where Kendra fell asleep (it was 1:30 so way past nap time).

So we got home early afternoon on Thursday just in time for a thunderstorm. The rain was quite bad at times on the highway. Well that is when the computer troubles started. The storm surged out my computer. Jamie looked at it that night and figured out that the video card was gone so he put an older one in he had. I was now working with the exception of the network and mainly my internet. We'll Jamie doesn't know that much about networks so he didn't know how to fix it. So finally on Tuesday I called someone to come look at it. They came to fix it yesterday and the guy was awesome. He was only here 30 min but he reset the network card and my parallel port (my laser printer wasn't working either). He then did a clean up of my temperary internet files and such and he cleaned out 4 GIG of space just from that. I couldn't believe it.

Saturday I went to the mom's breakfast morning at church. The restaurant was open and there were a few of us that were free (on the holiday) so we had breakfast. It was nice just to chit chat and not have to worry about your food getting cold or chasing children all over the place. We took it easy the rest of the day just playing in the backyard and going to the park late in the afternoon.

Sunday we went to my mom's for dinner. My mom had invited my god parents, my grandma, Jamie's parents and sister to come for dinner. It was a nice dinner and the kids were addicted to the piano.

Monday my mom's student Winnie gave us some free tickets to Marineland (she works there). So we went early in the morning so we could miss some of the crowds and Winnie could spend some time with the kids before she had to work. We ended up getting season's passes for only $5 more each. We then spent some time with my girlfriend Christine and her kids for the rest of the day (they had season's passes too). Micah didn't really like the rides that much but he loved watching the whales (as long as they didn't splash him - which happened twice). The begula whales seemed to be reproducing a lot and it was awesome to see two new babies and one on the way. The one baby was born the day before and the other one was only 10 days old. There was a separate tank for the moms and their babies and they had a staff member recording how much they ate and for how long. We didn't leave Marineland until about 3:30 and then decided to go out for dinner in Niagara Falls. We ate at Appleby's and then checked out the new casino. The casino lobby was beautiful. They have this water fountain which apparently has light shows every fews hours (we missed it but my mom has seen it before). There are lots of little shops in the lobby and then you go to the end and they have a look out to see the Falls. It was goregous. I live nearby and have worked in the falls and still can't get enough of it. Just amazing. We didn't get home until 8 pm and poor Kendra was so tired (she only had a 30 minute nap at Marineland).

Tuesday my girlfriend Heather from church came over with her daughter. Thankfully, they came over to our house as Kendra wanted to have two naps. We had a lazy day otherwise.

Yesterday, we did some grocery shopping and took a walk to the park.

Today I decided I want to start decorating Kendra room a little more girlie. I thought about going to Walmart (as I need diapers too) but Micah didn't want to go there. So I asked if he wanted to go to Ikea. Well that was a yes as long as we went to the park first. We had lots of time before Ikea opened so that is what we did. It was hiliarous as once you get off the highway it's not far to Ikea and who did we see but Jamie's parents right beside us. They are on holidays this week and were heading out for breakfast. Thankfully, the light was red and we got to chat for a few seconds and they came over to Ikea for breakfast with us. I just love Ikea for their $1 breakfasts. They kids had a little bit of playing before Jamie's parents were off on their trip to Collingwood for the day. Then we took Micah down to see if he was tall enough to go into the play room. He is now tall enough and so he had a blast the play room for an hour while mommy and Kendra shopped. I got some items for Kendra's improved room and a new Expedit unit for the over run toys downstairs (just love them).

So overall it's been a busy weekend and week as you can tell. That and it's a new month so the July kit was released for Scraptivity. I did some more but I can't post yet. Sorry!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suprise meetings are the best kind. We ate supper at Wasaga Beach. Talked about meeting you and the kids for about 2 hours. Henri said we had our great thrill for the day.

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Gorgeous photos, Heather! And your LOs are fab!

12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home