Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Good and bad mail day

Today I got my $200 cheque from the government for the new CCTB program. WAHOOO!!

Now the bad mail was my scrapbook page back from Memory Makers with a letter that stated that they are not going to use my page. Very bummed about that and not wanting me to do the Masters entry but it's done so I probably will still submit it. I guess the frustrating part is that I had Wendy helping me get it all out and she foot the bill so I owe her money to ship it. So I'm now out about $22 for shipping of a layout that I didn't get published in a magazine. Not sure to complain or not. I might wait a few days while I boil over and not get too mad at them. So I went out tonight and did some retail therapy. I got my cousins wedding gift and I saw this awesome dress up coat at Mark's Work Warehouse regularly $70 on for $30. I love it. I just checked on 2Peas and apparently there are a bunch of people that got the same letter. I think MM must be doing some changing of their magazine. I feel a bit better now.

Sorry ladies but I forgot to get picture of Kendra's room today. I will try to get one tommorrow and update it for you. I love love love it and IKEA!!!

We had our church picnic on Sunday. I did my recycling program again and collected about 6 bags of blue bin materials. I picked most of it out myself as almost everything we were using could be recycled. It was mostly styrofoams. I can't stand seeing things like that go to the garbage as it takes hundreds if not thousands of years to degrade that stuff. It's amazing that not too many people know what is and what is not recyclable. We (the Waste Management committee) are working on getting the government to force industry to use recyclable materials in everything but we are so long away from there.

Anyways off my recycling rant, it ended up raining at about 2:15 so the picnic was cut short but it was still a lot of fun. They rented out the kids toys and blow-up bouncing things for the kids. Micah loved the blow-up slide. They had puppet shows, face painting, snow cones and popcorn. It's really quite the event.

Sunday night Micah was at Gammie and Papa's and over into Monday morning. So Kendra and I hung out and did some grocery shopping. Today I finally got to get rid of the recyclables (it was paper week this week so I didn't want it hanging around another week) and we went to the early years centre.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

so very sorry to hear about the MM disappointment. I would be absolutely crushed after having my hopes up so high. Very sorry that didn't work out, but next time for sure it will! Kendra's room sounds awesome!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Doesnt the cost of shipping just blow you away?? I hate it! Good luck with the masters entry!!

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

so sorry to hear that Heather that is totally cruel!!! they should face legal action for all the people they let down with that!!! kudos to you on the recycling, it makes a huge difference!!!

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather I am so sorry about MM! That is too bad! It's their loss Heather...your work rocks! Chin up honey...things will get better!

11:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home