Micah's School play/Christmas prep


Micah had his school play this past Thursday. The JK/SK's sang at the beginning and the end of the play called, "Gingerbread Christmas". Micah was concentrating again most of the time but he did some yawning too as it was later in the evening when we saw him. Thankfully he only spotted us at the end of the first song or else I'm sure he would be in the audience. He must have forgot where we were for the second song. But as everyone was leaving he found us again and he got out of the line he was suppose to be in to come with us. Thankfully he found us or he might have gotten lost in all the people.
This weekend we went bowling with our small group on Friday night. I used to bowl in leagues but don't do it much anymore. Anyways, I got 219 and 186 games in 5 pin so that was awesome. On Saturday we finished up the last of our shopping and then Jamie went off with his sister to the Maple Leafs game in Toronto (got some free tickets from a supplier at work). While he was out, my girlfriend Christine and her kids came over for dinner and then we went to the outdoor nativity story at a church in Beamsville. We had to wait a bit but was awesome to remind the kids what really happened on Christmas so long ago. Micah seems to be getting it all so I'm glad. He is now on countdown to Jesus Birthday.
On Sunday, I went with my mom to a wedding shower in Strathroy (about 2 hours away). I wished my camera battery was charged cause it was a hoot. They had the ladies into four groups and gave them a white shower curtain, one section of garland, some tape and a pair of scissors to make a dress WITH EACH OF US USING ONLY ONE HAND. That was fun and it was interesting to see the dress styles. We came in second. We had a cross your heart pattern around the top and a little cap as a veil. What fun!!
Today my inlaws came and took the kids for the morning and dropped Micah off at school. So really I have had from 9-3 all by myself. Got a bit of shopping done for the altered stuff I'm doing at our faithbooking class tomorrow night (plus getting my own gifts done). GOt some American money for next week (we are going to New York to my dad's cottage) and then looked around Grimsby Benvenlent Fund and got a huge bag full of clothes for the kids for $6 (can't beat that).
On Wednesday I have my dad and Laura over for dinner and opening of the presents. Friday, my mom is coming to get the kids after work and Jamie and I will have an evening and part of Saturday to ourselves. WAHOO!!!
Labels: Christmas

3 Comments:
Those pics are sweet Heather! Micah is such a doll! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
10:13 PM
sounds like Christmas is in full swing at your house!
That shower game sounds like a riot! I have done toilet paper dresses before, but not with 1 hand!
5:44 PM
Sounds like you're having a great month!! Busy busy!! Glad to hear the Christmas concert went well and that you're getting some time to yourself too! Nice!!
6:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home