Happy Chinese New Year/March CK is here!!!

It was Chinese New Year on this past Sunday. We don't celebrate but it's a great excuse to have some people over and have real Chinese food (not the North American version of it anyway). So my mom and her Chinese and Japanese students came over to help me cook for the approximately 25 people that we had here. Sometimes I find my kitchen is too big for me but then there is times like this when we can get in two long tables to have a large dinner party.
The food was awesome as Marg and Rob (former Missionaries from Hong Kong) brought BBQ pork and Fish Tofu, my mom's Japanese student made Japanese pancakes (it has fish and vegetables in them), my mom's Chinese student made spring rolls, dumplings and they bought this mango dessert that was in a shape of a fish, my mom made the egg drop soup and I made jamie's favourite, sweet and sour pork and egg tarts for dessert. I think we had every plate we owned out and then we had to wash some for dessert too but it was good.
We also did an another Happy Birthday to Kendra as my mom, her students and my grandma gave her presents to her then. She got a newborn Cabbage Patch Kid, a very neat altas that talks to you, some Dora socks and a couple of outfits.
The food was awesome as Marg and Rob (former Missionaries from Hong Kong) brought BBQ pork and Fish Tofu, my mom's Japanese student made Japanese pancakes (it has fish and vegetables in them), my mom's Chinese student made spring rolls, dumplings and they bought this mango dessert that was in a shape of a fish, my mom made the egg drop soup and I made jamie's favourite, sweet and sour pork and egg tarts for dessert. I think we had every plate we owned out and then we had to wash some for dessert too but it was good.
We also did an another Happy Birthday to Kendra as my mom, her students and my grandma gave her presents to her then. She got a newborn Cabbage Patch Kid, a very neat altas that talks to you, some Dora socks and a couple of outfits.
I also had been looking for the March Issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine to come out. I heard that it was in the US (via 2Peas) but no luck on Saturday. So headed out yesterday again to try to find it. I didn't find it until I saw as I was checking out a lady opening all the new magazines. She was awesome to let me go through the carts to find it as she had 3000 magazines to put out. So here is my double pager in Creating Keepsakes. WAHOOO!!!Labels: Chinese New Year, published

5 Comments:
Congrats on the CK layout Heather. I can't wait to see it.
3:02 PM
So excited for you about CK!!! That is so awesome! And that meals sounds like it was delish!
3:51 PM
Wow that is so exciting.. being published in CK! Wow
That meal looks and sounds fantastic! Yum!
12:14 PM
I'll be stalking the mailman for my copy of CK now!! Congratulations - that's so awesome for you!
5:36 PM
Congrats Heather! You deserve it, you've worked hard to get published in CK!! Now you have been! Awesome stuff!
10:45 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home