Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Mother's Day/Catch-up

Micah just finished up his classes with Kids Konnect at church. It's kind of a bible study class for Kids. There were quite a few in his JK/SK class and his teacher was Mrs. Vanwetering. He really enjoyed going there since he started in October. It's a good thing that soccer is starting up soon cause he keeps asking to go there.

Jamie also taught the Grade 3 class at Kids Konnect. He had 3 kids but quite the challenging 3 kids for sure. Jamie said, the one boy was asking questions about the bible that an adult wouldn't ask.



I've doing doing a lot of gardening in the last little while and hence the kids have been playing in the dirt with me. Kendra has really taken to all things small. She just loves bugs and worms. She wants to take them inside like as if they are pets. I just have to explain to her that they have to stay in the dirt with their friends. I have planted my vegetable garden now so she can't dig in there so it's kind of sad to tell her that the worms have to stay at home now.

This year I am doing to try my hand at Black currents and strawberries as those will be great for jams. They are also plants I won't have to keep planting every year. The kids planted some bean seed last week so I hope they come up or they are going to be dissappointed. We have planted lettuce, tomatoes, watermelon, zuccunni, beets and cucumbers.

Micah made this cute little book about me, "mom" at school.

Here's how it reads (the quotes are what he wrote),
My mom's name is "Mommy". She is "31" years old. She has lovely "brown" hair and sprakling "blue" eyes! Her smile is as bright as a "sun".

My mom is a wonderful cook! She makes delicious "macoroni and cheese". My Mom and I like to bake "cakes and cupcakes" together. She is also really good at "shopping".

My mom works at "home, babysitting". When she i snot working she likes to "read the newspaper". I love it when my Mom takes me "to the Candy store".

My Mom is really funny when she "tickles me and makes faces". She loves it when I "clean up my toys". I love my Mom because "she loves me".

Happy Mother's Day! You are my everything! I love you "Micah".

It's just so cute and he asks me to read it to him lots. I'm surprised though that he didn't say scrapbooking instead of shopping.

On Mother's Day we had my mom and grandma over for dinner. Jamie was suppose to cook but I ended up doing it as the propane ran out for the barbeque. Then later that night Micah ended upthrowing up and I had lots of laundry to do. So not the best Mother's Day. Grandma was quite frail when she was over and not her normal self for sure.

I went to the visitation for Jake on Tuesday with an old Univeristy friend (also happens to be from my High School in Niagara on the Lake). It was so hard to see Alex having to grieve her husband and rejoice with the birth of her new daughter all at the same time. I think she was in automatic mode with all the responses and such. So hard to see a man my age in peak physical condition dead.

I was talking with my mom yesterday. My grandma had her CAT scan already and they are going to see the doctor soon to see the results. My mom's friend (who is a nurse) seems to think that likely she had a stroke. My mom has been going there 3 times a day to make sure she is eating and taking all her pills (which her doctor seems to think she was not) and so my mom has an appointment Thrusday (today) with Community Care to assess what kind of care my grandma needs cause she can't keep going there 3 times a day for too long. My mom did get all the Power of Attorney's all set up for both Grandma and herself so that is good.

The kids both have fevers and are starting to get some red spots on them. I really doubt that it's chicken pox as Kendra had the vaccine so we might have to take a trip to the doctors today. Not the best timing with me going away tonight with some ladies from church for a shopping weekend in Pennsylvania. I am really looking forward to it though for the weekend away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

you've had lots going on!! I love the book Micah made, that is so precious!! I am so sorry to hear about your friend who lost her husband and had a new baby. I will keep her in my prayers! I hope you have a great time shopping! yay!

8:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home