Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day/Weekend Fun

Last Thursday I went with Micah on his class trip to Gymnastic Energy in St. Catharines. He had a blast but unfortunately the lighting in there was horrible. He loved the trampoline best he says. He really enjoyed going on the bus too.





We later went to Gammie and Papa's for a swimming in their condo's pool and over for dinner. Nice to enjoy the summer weather and me not having to cook WAHOOO! The kids stayed overnight and Jamie and I got to watch Ocean's 13 at the movies. It was great. Just love the scene when your watching the main characters (who are robbers) sighing at watching Oprah. LOL!!

Friday morning I spent painting the rest of the trim in our house and returning my sewing machine to get fixed again. I don't know if it's me (not very good at sewing) or the machine that keeps breaking but I'm not happy as it keeps costing me $90 every time. At least this time it as still under warranty.

Saturday the kids and I went out strawberry picking in the morning while Daddy tried to dig a hole and check out the weeping tile (I think he is nuts doing it by himself). I picked while they ate them all. Micah would at least pick them off the plants to eat them but Kendra would take my nice basket to eat her strawberries out of. We picked 2 baskets but I'm sure Kendra ate 1/4 of a basket herself. She was covered from head to toe with strawberry juice.


In the afternoon, I went to help my mom clean out my grandma's apartment. It feels really weird. My mom commented that, "It's almost as if she was dead but she isn't". I totally agree. I got a bunch of stuff that I brought home and I'm sure there will be more of it.


Later Jamie meet me in St. Catharines and we were off to the circus (my dad got free tickets so that was fabulous). Micah didn't really enjoy all the loud noises, especially at first. He ended up covering his ears lots. He was only there 10 minutes and he said, "I want to go home". We got him to stay and he loved it all (other than the noise-next time I'll have to bring ear plugs). IN intermission we noticed some friends of ours from church. Jamie got the kids to get their picture taken with the boa contrictor and Micah rode the elephant. It was expensive but hey we got free tickets so why not. Later in the show, Kevin got to go up and in the clown act. It was hilirious. He had to jump rope at first and then it was jumping rope blind folded. He ended up jumping there blind folded all by himself for about a minute. Not lots of great photos (it was dark in there) but lots of fun. I got a few good ones at intermission and that was about it. We went out later to a park and got to talk with our friends a bit more while the kids played.

Today we had the family over for Father's Day dinner. It was just a nice time to together and have some nice food. I got most of the food ready, my mom brought some steaks and potatoe salad and Avie cooked it all on the BBQ. It was good. Nice to see Grandma out and about too even though she was very tired. Micah made Daddy a book too like the one he made me for Father's Day. It's fabulous to look at and what a keepsake. Apparently Daddy likes golf though (he likes to watch it and do mini golf but he doesn't golf otherwise).

4 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Moments said...

Wow, you've been busy!

LOL at Kendra and the strawberries. Sydney would probably do that to but she would be covered in hives. She can only eat a few so I guess we won't be going to pick any.

Looks like a great time at the circus.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Holly A said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Fathers' Day weekend. That's so funny about Kendra eating the berries right out from under you! We were just talking about planning a strawberry picking trip sometime soon, too. Can't wait!

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun! Great pictures!

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Nice to see all the fun you've been up to lately, Heather! Your kids are sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed Finish Line album! I made one in April with Stacy too. Isn't she dynamic?

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home