Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Today I think Kendra is really getting the going to the potty thing. She has gone 3 times in the potty just today.

So about two months ago, when it just got warmer, I tried letting her go without a diaper around the house/outside. She mostly just peed on the floor/grass but she had to learn sometime. I tried not to push it so if I'm home I leave her diaper off and in a dress (so it's easier for her) so I'm not all that consistent with it but she did go pee in the potty at the beginning of June. On Father's Day was the second time Kendra went pee on the potty. Jamie says, "That's the best Father's Day present I could ever get". So Friday, she did a little poo and then today she went 3 pee times. It seems to be that I can't ask her if she needs to go. She has to be in there all by herself in privacy before she would do it. Of course there is chocolate motivation factor too. She was getting whole peanut butter cups (well a bit for Micah too) but I think we've graduated down to smarties now I think. I so can't wait to have no diapers to change. It's been a long 4 3/4 years.

Sorry I haven't been blogging but it's been busy. The holiday weekend we went up to my Uncle and Aunt cottage in Bala. My mom, the kids and I had a blast. Unfortunately, we ended up leaving Jamie at home since he was sick with the flu. It was a bit chilly the whole weekend but that didn't stop Micah from swimming in the lake. I put his life jacket on and he went to town for about 5 minutes and then got cold. But he kept wanting to go back in. We also did some fishing (no fish caught but Kendra loved playing with the worms). So we were up for food, down for swimming, changed into warmer clohtes and then back down to the dock for fishing. Kendra also didn't want to nap at all (it's started already). We got to visit with Enno and Marina Hoesktra and their son Davin for an hour or so too.

We got back on Tuesday afternoon and then I spent as much time for the rest of the week with my mom cleaning out my grandma's apartment. The closing date is now set to July 25th so we have lots of work to do. We moved a few bigger things on Friday night. Another days worth of work and then I think we could be ready to move. We have been trying to sell the bigger stuff so we don't have to move that.

Last weekend Jamie started to dig out the remaining dirt for fixing up all the cracks on the corner of our house. He dug most of it except 6 ft of wall on the front part of the house. He might as well do it. So our plants have all been dug out and I now have more dirt in my front yard. Hopefully, the weather will cool down so he can get it finished. Today was a very hot.

Ontop off all this I have some new gel-a-tin stamps that have been calling my name. I'm lovin the new sets that Wendy has come up with. Hopefully soon I can share a peek.

Oh and I have no digital camera (it broke again) so no pictures for now. It's hard going back to film. Hopefully, soon I can have it back ($200 less in my pocket of course).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Wow, you sure have been busy. Good for you on the potty training. (Or should I say good for Kendra?) Sage isn't interested at all! (And for me it's been a LONG eight+ years!)

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

sounds like you had a fun long weekend! So sorry to hear Jamie was sick, glad he was able to stay home and rest. Glad to hear that clearing out your grandma's home is going as well as you can!! Hopefully we can get together soon, Bree keeps asking about her "old" friend Micah! lol

7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home