Dentist all over with for now.
Today was the big day for Micah to go into the dentist. I didn't tell him a thing before going. I just got him in the car and it's a good thing as when he asked he didn't like the reply. He said, "Is it just for pretend" as last time he went we just talked and he didn't really have any work done.
So we got there around 9 am and they made him take this chocolate medicine thing. We had to sit in the waiting room for about 15 minutes and then he was taken into the room. He held the mask on for a little bit while Dr. Nenniger talked about Thomas and Dora and all the characters he loves. Once he turned on the medication he wasn't pleased so I had to hold his hands down until he got to sleep. Then the dentist went right to work. Seems silly that we had to do this for 3 fillings (without the freezing and stuff) but he just didn't want to open his mouth anymore.
So I got to go off to Children's Place for about 20 minutes before I had to come back. My girlfriend had told me that there was a $2 sale there but a lot of the stuff was gone in teh boys section. I did get 3 pairs of shorts, a shirt and a nice pair of pants for $24 bucks. It also kept my mind off of Micah for a while. When I got back I waited another 5 minutes or so and had to sit with him for an hour until he woke up. He wanted to get up and go right away.
I got him in the car (it was so windy today) okay and he had a few screams from the back about having water. They suggested giving him nothing until we got home but the poor kid hadn't had anything to drink since last night. Thankfully no puking in the car and he didn't do any when we got home either (although he was at the toilet a few times but nothing came out). He was cranky today and had a 1 hour nap (actually we all napped together today) but other than that he was fine. I'm sure he'll be bouncing off the walls tommorrow as normal.

1 Comments:
so glad to hear all went well! I was thinking about him all day!! Glad you're ok too! I think sometimes these things are way harder on us than on them!
10:12 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home