Where does the time go?

Yesterday Kendra was 11 months old. My how they grow up fast. The other day Kendra was half way up to standing from getting herself up off the floor. She wants to stand but she just doesn't have the strength yet. She is a really picky eater compared to Micah. She loves meat, bread and fruits and nothing else. She is particular about what she wants and she wants it now. So I have to be careful what I feed the family too. She would get just bread for a meal if I let her. She doesn't want to eat vegetables at all now (she used to eat just peas but it seems that doesn't work anymore either).
and the big 30 for me is approaching tommorrow. YIKES!!!
Yesterday, I had scrapbooking at church. It's such a blessing to be there. They provide free daycare and I get to scrapbook and chat with all my friends. I tried to get a page finished but I still don't like it. It's off balance so I think I'm going to have fix it. I think it's because I used white cardstock as base. NOT my style!
Yesterday I tried to do an exercise video with Micah. I ran into one of the moms in my moms group and she is a fitness instructor. She said she does about 20 minutes with her 3 year old. So I tried it. He did the marching part for about 2 minutes and he was done. I had to get him to play computer games so that I could finish it. It was a nice video and I toned it down (since I haven't exercised in a long time) and I'm a little sore today. It'll only get better right.
We went to the Early Years Centre today. Apparently, everyone else had the same idea. There must have been 30 kids there with their parent/caregiver. I think because it was a nice day.
We had tuna for lunch today. I usually let the cats drink the juice as a treat. Well today Micah decided he was going to be a cat too and lick the juice with them. So this is the picture I got. I hope I can stop him next time as he thought it was fun. YUCK!!I also got my double bike stroller back from my gf (I had her tandum one). I went for a walk today. The kids seemed to enjoy it but they are very tightly packed in there. Partly because of all the layers they had on. We walked downtown to get Micah's haircut. It was a 1 1/2 hour wait at the barber shop. I love it there but I have to make a mental note to go only in the morning.
Oh I called work today (I've been procrastinating). Well I think he was surprised that I called. Apparently, they have hired 3 more people since I have left. I mentioned to him doing some part-time work and he indicated that maybe if I do fulltime for periods of a time and then nothing. He mentioned that he knows that is not good with daycare (since he has two young kids of his own). He is suppose to check with the other owner (that does the bigger projects) and he is going to get back to me.
He said he would give me a referral for other consulting firms if I wished. But really who is going to want to hire someone on part-time?
I'm really praying of what to do. I would like to stay home but at the same time I want to be someone on my own with out my kids always around. I'm short with my requirements for the P.Eng. so it makes it a little hard. Plus I have no idea if I'm suppose to continue on with the engineering. I want God to show me which way to go. Right now my bible study is right in line with this idea (going after your dreams) and I'm praying that He will lead me where to go.
I was thinking of doing some bookkeeping and apparently, Jamie's work had some part-time bookkeeping to do but they hired someone else (I got my hopes up for a few days - but disappointed now). Such a change in life when you have kids.

3 Comments:
oh Heather, you're doing everything right, just be faithful, He hasn't let ya down before, He won't start now!!! :)
*hugs* and happy early 30th!
11:03 PM
I can't believe she's almost a year old! Time flies by!!!!!
11:04 PM
Kendra is such a doll!!! 11 months already where does the time go? Happy birthday to you!! something will come up, your a talented young woman with a good head on her shoulders, you'll be fine!!!
8:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home