Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New year everyone!

Sorry I haven't written in a long time but Wednesday (28th) we went to Franklinville, New York to visit with my dad and his girlfriend. My dad has a cottage in New York so he can go skiing in the winter time. The weather was very warm so Micah didn't get to ski but we had fun playing outside throwing snowballs and tobaggoning down the slight hill there.

It was nice to be able to spend time with my dad since he is always away for the weekends and we don't get to see him that much. I hope that he wants to come over more now.

We had fun playing cards (they play a version of cribbage called Crib Wars) and watched a few movies while we were there.

We decided to come back this morning to miss the New Years Eve traffic in Niagara Falls. It's a good thing we left as it snowed most of the way home but it was clear.

When we got home it was only 9 degrees Celcius in the house. Jamie turned off the heat while we were gone. He said he thought that it was going to be warm but he won't be doing that again if I can help it. We ended up putting out snow stuff on and walking to Tim Horton's for a little while. It only took 4 hours to get back to normal. I thought it would be way longer.

After we got back from Tim's Jamie made a togobban slide out of the stairs on the deck and a peice of wood. Micah and him had a blast outside for a while.

Kendra was obviously tired from the trip as she just had a 3 hour nap this afternoon. I got caught up on Scraptivity after 3 days of absense and now here I am.

Micah had a cute saying while we were at Tim Horton's. He says, "Mommy the snow has teeth?". I look outside and he is looking at icicles hanging from a car. Kids are so literal.

We ended up going to a New Years Eve party with the kids at Shelley and Tav's house. We only stayed until 9 pm as the kids were very tired at that point. We had lots of fun and there were many other couples with their kids from our church.

Happy New Year to all of you and here's to a healthy and happy 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home