Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day shopping

This morning Micah got us up at 6:45 am and I quickly went off for the Boxing Day sales. I went to Zellers and Home Sense at the Burlington Mall and got there around 7:45 am (Zellers was open at 7). Got some diapers at Zellers that were $5 off and then I had some coupons (one $5 and one $2 off). Hence, the diapers were really cheap once I was done. I think the one was $20 for a box of Huggies diapers. Plus I got extra points on my Zellers card with the coupons. BONUS!!! I also got some Christmas pillar candles, some vitamins that were 2 for one, two faux leather pillows, a awesome mirror (30% off since it was scratched) and some paper towels. At Home Sense, I got this little bench with a drawer for the front hallway, two lamps, a soap dispenser and an Angel Christmas decoration.

After those two stores I headed to Micheal's. There I got two fiscus trees at 50% off. The ribbon was onsale so I couldn't resist that and then I got some more page protectors with the 50% off coupon.

It was an expensive couple of hours at $500 but I'm finally getting to finishing some decorating. I don't think Jamie liked it but he didn't tell me to take anything back.

After I got home, Avril (Jamie's sister) came over for a little visit over lunch and got to get rid of some of this food. There is no way we are going to eat all of it before Wednesday when we go to my dad's cottage in New York State.

Got to scrapbook a page from the January kit this afternoon too! Not sure I like it yet! I'm hoping that the stamps will come and make it a little bit better. I have some other ideas if the stamps don't work.

Other than that I"m going to take the tree down tonight. We are only here tommorrow night before New Years and we are going to my mom's surprise birthday party (that's if we can get her there - tell you tommorrow). This way the room can get back to normal (with all my new stuff) and I won't have to baby barricade the tree anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home