Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

A night out at a play/musical

Last night we went to a play at the Twenty Valley Playhouse. My mom and grandma got Jamie and I the tickets which included dinner. The dinner was fabulous! I have never tasted vegetables cooked so well. Not too soft and not too hard. I need to know how they do that. We ate our dinner with a couple from Niagara Falls. The woman was a pallitive care worker with the West Lincoln hospital in Grimsby and the man was a electronic supervisor for a large plant in Niagara Falls. He gave Jamie his business card after we had dinner so I guess that might be good for his work.

As for the play it was excellent and was called "Dads!". The play was totally up our alley too since it was about young dad at home. They had three dads with different personalities and this one woman actor (which looked like MaryS! by the way) that played all the womans roles. It was touching and hiliraous at different points. The babies they had as props were hiliriously ugly which added to the comidic factor. We laughed too at the audience as we seemed to be the only ones that could relate with the subject. Most of the people were of the grandparent age.

Jamie got to doing alot of small fix up stuff around the house this weekend, which makes me feel better. More shelves in my scrapbook room are up, the toilet and sink upstairs now works properly, I have a lock on the pocket door (so the cats can be locked downstairs easily to save my new furniture).

I also had a couple come look at some of my baby clothes today. She was asian of disent and haggled alot. She got a lot of stuff for $15. Oh well some of it is gone. I'm hoping the lady that is coming tommorrow will be better as my girl stuff is really nice. She a new grandma so I think she'll be better but we'll find out.

Church was good today. It was all about not just going through the motions of the routines. Don't go to church just to go but to be more faithful and to connect with God.

I think Micah is going to like school for sure. Yesterday he was asking to go outside for recess (he heard it on Timothy goes to school apparently). I told him that he doesn't go to school yet and he says "until I go poop on the potty". Oh I hope this sinks in. By the way, he did go before he told me that and he went out with daddy to the store and the playground so I could scrapbook. Got one February kit page done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

I love dinner theatres! So glad you guys got to go out!!!

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

that sounds like a wonderfu evening Heather!!! and 15.oo isn't bad, it sure beats donating it if you want some $$ congrats!

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home