Ethan Jesse Verrier - "He said" Birth Story annoucement

Ethan Jesse Verrier arrived on January 14th, 2009 at 2:32 pm. Ethan was 9 lbs, 14.2 oz. and was 21 inches long. Ethan was born at West Lincoln Memorial Hospital in Grimsby, Ontario.
Jamie has sent out emails to notify our family and friends for all the kids so little Ethan's birth story according to Jamie is:
"**********CNN Newsflash****************
Well.... it is that time again. Another baby - another baby announcement.
It all started 9 months ago. (Just kidding.... I am not going to document all 9 months.) We found out that Heather was pregnant and she accidentally announced at our Mother's Day party at my Mom and Dad's house. Heather was cot off guard when my sister asked, "Your not pregant are you?" Heather can't keep a straight face.
As time went on she got really big..... I MEAN REALLY BIG. She was larger than any of the other babies. She started off with her due date being January 12, 2009 but they changed it later on to January 4, 2009.
Around Christmas time we were hoping that we would see a new addition to the family before the end of the newyear but I guess God thought otherwise. With nothing happening we were then hoping for a new years baby. (I hear you get lots of stuff) New years day came and went as well. Then we were hoping for the weekend of the 4th so that it would happen when the kids were with my parents to make it easier. The baby still didn't come. (Man! Babies can be soooooo selfish. They want to do things when they want - where they want.)
Heather went for another ultrasound on Monday and they said that the baby was looking to be about 10lbs 15oz. Wow this was going to be a "Whopper"! - Definately bigger than the "Big Mac" Kendra was. I think Heather was worried about this one. She seamed to be anxious after that unltrasound.
Then Tuesday came around (Heather's birthday) and she DID NOT WANT the baby to be born on her birthday. She didn't sleep well the entire night Monday concerned that it would be born on her birthday. I came home from work and found out she was crossing her legs all day to make sure it didn't come out. I said, "wouldn't it be funny if it was born at 11:59pm." Heather was not impressed.
Well, now we come to Wednesday. I was fortunate to get some time off from work so I was able to be home on today. Heather was going in for induction today. Grandma Sheryl came over in the morning to take the kids to school while mommy and daddy went to the hospital.
Heather was scheduled to be "gelled" as 8:00. About 8:20 it was done. We were at the hospital for another 1-1/2 hrs to monitor the baby and see if anything was happening. Heather was having minor pains at that time but definately nothing significant. So they sent us home and told us to be back for 2:00 for another round. The nurse said that the doctor would probably start things moving by breaking her water at that time.
Heather went to lay down in bed while I went grocery shopping and picked up Kendra from Preschool at 11:30. I came back with Kendra and we played wii and dolls until my Dad came at 1:30 to take care of Kendra while we went back into the hospital. Heather and I went back to the hospital where they put Heather back in bed to monitor the baby again. Just what Heather wanted .... to be back in bed.
After a few minutes Heather was allowed to move around and do what she wanted. I guess because it was Heather's third they figured that she knew what she was doing. The nurse said that the midwife would be at the hospital in 20 minutes. It was 2:17pm.
One thing should be said again. We were told that Heather would probably have her water broken and possible be induced when the midwives arrived. I guess that Heather started to get the feeling that they would be inducing her so she decided to take things into her own hands once again. I have been saying all along that if we want to get things moving you need to threaten Heather with induction.
She needed to go to the bathroom and while there her water broke at 2:25pm. She proceeded to tell me that she needed to push. Yeah that would be great - our baby would be born in the toilet! I told her to hold on and went to get some nurses. Immediately three nurses jumped up to help get her back to bed. Heather laid down on the bed with the baby's head already poking out - "checking out the view".
Nurses were scrambling trying to get a doctor as the midwives would not make it in time. The doctor was called out of a procedure and was shocked that the baby was coming so fast. He got to the delivery room to assist the head out and receive the baby. The midwives arrived just afterward. In hindsight I guess that it was a combination of Heather not wanting to be induced and the baby finally deciding it wanted out. I could swear that as it was coming it was already saying "GET ME OUT!!!!!!" Of course, once it was out and realized how cold it was and proceeded to imediately change its mind and say "PUT ME BACK IN!!!!!!"
We are proud to announce the birth of the third Verrier Child - a health baby boy - ETHAN JESSE VERRIER - 9lbs 14.2oz at 2:32pm Wednesday, January 14, 2009. Both mommy and Ethan are healthy and doing well.
He was born in a record 7 minutes after water breaking. Yes, this is another big child. In fact he was 10 seconds old and his lips were already smacking and he was looking around saying, "Come on - I missed lunch. Where's the buffet?"
My dad with Kendra and Micah hadn't left Grimsby yet. So I called them to make sure that he brings them by to see their new baby brother before they head to Gammie and Pompa's overnight. What a deal! A new baby brother and a day off school Thursday. Both of them were excited to see him and were very proud to be a big brother and big sister.
I asked Heather if she wanted me to try to get her a private room and she was a little hesitant as the midwives will take care of you at home. She ended up deciding to try to get a room and be "pampered" for a day. I went to get the room and they already booked the room for her. What a blessing - for both of us. I should finally get a good night sleep not having to worry about anything.
Anyways, I have to get back to the hospital because Heather asked that I come back with some food as the hospital portions are so small and she hasn't eaten anything since breakfast which didn't stay down. Oh and something extra special. Interpretation is "chocolate".
I will give Heather love from you all.
Sincerely,
Jamie, Heather, Micah, Kendra and now Ethan Verrier"
Well.... it is that time again. Another baby - another baby announcement.
It all started 9 months ago. (Just kidding.... I am not going to document all 9 months.) We found out that Heather was pregnant and she accidentally announced at our Mother's Day party at my Mom and Dad's house. Heather was cot off guard when my sister asked, "Your not pregant are you?" Heather can't keep a straight face.
As time went on she got really big..... I MEAN REALLY BIG. She was larger than any of the other babies. She started off with her due date being January 12, 2009 but they changed it later on to January 4, 2009.
Around Christmas time we were hoping that we would see a new addition to the family before the end of the newyear but I guess God thought otherwise. With nothing happening we were then hoping for a new years baby. (I hear you get lots of stuff) New years day came and went as well. Then we were hoping for the weekend of the 4th so that it would happen when the kids were with my parents to make it easier. The baby still didn't come. (Man! Babies can be soooooo selfish. They want to do things when they want - where they want.)
Heather went for another ultrasound on Monday and they said that the baby was looking to be about 10lbs 15oz. Wow this was going to be a "Whopper"! - Definately bigger than the "Big Mac" Kendra was. I think Heather was worried about this one. She seamed to be anxious after that unltrasound.
Then Tuesday came around (Heather's birthday) and she DID NOT WANT the baby to be born on her birthday. She didn't sleep well the entire night Monday concerned that it would be born on her birthday. I came home from work and found out she was crossing her legs all day to make sure it didn't come out. I said, "wouldn't it be funny if it was born at 11:59pm." Heather was not impressed.
Well, now we come to Wednesday. I was fortunate to get some time off from work so I was able to be home on today. Heather was going in for induction today. Grandma Sheryl came over in the morning to take the kids to school while mommy and daddy went to the hospital.
Heather was scheduled to be "gelled" as 8:00. About 8:20 it was done. We were at the hospital for another 1-1/2 hrs to monitor the baby and see if anything was happening. Heather was having minor pains at that time but definately nothing significant. So they sent us home and told us to be back for 2:00 for another round. The nurse said that the doctor would probably start things moving by breaking her water at that time.
Heather went to lay down in bed while I went grocery shopping and picked up Kendra from Preschool at 11:30. I came back with Kendra and we played wii and dolls until my Dad came at 1:30 to take care of Kendra while we went back into the hospital. Heather and I went back to the hospital where they put Heather back in bed to monitor the baby again. Just what Heather wanted .... to be back in bed.
After a few minutes Heather was allowed to move around and do what she wanted. I guess because it was Heather's third they figured that she knew what she was doing. The nurse said that the midwife would be at the hospital in 20 minutes. It was 2:17pm.
One thing should be said again. We were told that Heather would probably have her water broken and possible be induced when the midwives arrived. I guess that Heather started to get the feeling that they would be inducing her so she decided to take things into her own hands once again. I have been saying all along that if we want to get things moving you need to threaten Heather with induction.
She needed to go to the bathroom and while there her water broke at 2:25pm. She proceeded to tell me that she needed to push. Yeah that would be great - our baby would be born in the toilet! I told her to hold on and went to get some nurses. Immediately three nurses jumped up to help get her back to bed. Heather laid down on the bed with the baby's head already poking out - "checking out the view".
Nurses were scrambling trying to get a doctor as the midwives would not make it in time. The doctor was called out of a procedure and was shocked that the baby was coming so fast. He got to the delivery room to assist the head out and receive the baby. The midwives arrived just afterward. In hindsight I guess that it was a combination of Heather not wanting to be induced and the baby finally deciding it wanted out. I could swear that as it was coming it was already saying "GET ME OUT!!!!!!" Of course, once it was out and realized how cold it was and proceeded to imediately change its mind and say "PUT ME BACK IN!!!!!!"
We are proud to announce the birth of the third Verrier Child - a health baby boy - ETHAN JESSE VERRIER - 9lbs 14.2oz at 2:32pm Wednesday, January 14, 2009. Both mommy and Ethan are healthy and doing well.
He was born in a record 7 minutes after water breaking. Yes, this is another big child. In fact he was 10 seconds old and his lips were already smacking and he was looking around saying, "Come on - I missed lunch. Where's the buffet?"
My dad with Kendra and Micah hadn't left Grimsby yet. So I called them to make sure that he brings them by to see their new baby brother before they head to Gammie and Pompa's overnight. What a deal! A new baby brother and a day off school Thursday. Both of them were excited to see him and were very proud to be a big brother and big sister.
I asked Heather if she wanted me to try to get her a private room and she was a little hesitant as the midwives will take care of you at home. She ended up deciding to try to get a room and be "pampered" for a day. I went to get the room and they already booked the room for her. What a blessing - for both of us. I should finally get a good night sleep not having to worry about anything.
Anyways, I have to get back to the hospital because Heather asked that I come back with some food as the hospital portions are so small and she hasn't eaten anything since breakfast which didn't stay down. Oh and something extra special. Interpretation is "chocolate".
I will give Heather love from you all.
Sincerely,
Jamie, Heather, Micah, Kendra and now Ethan Verrier"

3 Comments:
Congratulations!! I saw Avril about a week ago and she told me that little Ethan had arrived. Sounds like a fabulous way to have a baby! LOL
I'll be watching for a new family picutre!
10:18 AM
Congratualtions on the safe and healthy arrival of baby Ethan!!
12:10 AM
CONGRATS!!!! He's beautiful!!!!!
6:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home