Finally getting to updating the blog. Everytime I get on the computer it seems I have some kids that want to play games on the only computer we have.

We had a bit of a non-

traditional thanksgiving this year. My mom had received a large gift certificate to a Japanese Restaurant in Niagara Falls from one of her students so we went there for Thanksgiving dinner. It's quite the show with fire and everything. This time Micah and Kendra stood back and still were able to watch. We also celebrated Micah's birthday with the family at the same time.

I decided since everyone was dressed up for the occasion we tried to get a family picture

in the backyard. So this is what we came up with. Not exactly all smiles but oh well.

I went in the middle of October with Micah's school and then with Kendra's preschool to some pumpkin patches. They both had fun and I got some great shots of them. I just love the colours of fall, especially pumpkins.

We did some pumpkin carving this year too. Micah just drew pictures on his and I cut it out. It was a monster pumpkin with 4 eyes, 2 mouths and 2 noses. Kendra wanted a protrait of her on her little pumpkin. Good thing Jamie is the artist and can do that well. Jamie wasn't sure what to do so I told him to go look for a pattern on the internet and then a blue's Clue's pumpkin was born. We had wanted to get a picture with them all lit up but we never did light them up (just totally forgot when it got dark).

For Halloween, Kendra dressed up for preschool and Micah had a parade at school for the parents. Micah decided on his own costume at last minute of course. He wore last years dog costume and made him into SUPERDOG just like the Clifford book. We just added a baby blanket on the back and he was all set. He won Silliest costume at school as I found out later in the newsletter. Kendra was a princess again. What a surprise!!! LOL!! She loves to dress up as a princess anyday of the week so on Halloween was no different. We went out to Jamie's parents to trick or treat for the first time. I really don't like the idea of

Halloween and the evil it conjures but the kids still wanted to go to Gammie's (they go almost every Friday night) so we did some trick or treating there. Jamie's parents know most of the neighbourhood so that was good. We only did a small section but they got lots of candy in a short amount of time. They both loved it. He was almost running from house to house and we had to get him to wait for us. Kendra was just singing and dancing all the way but definately is a lot slower. It was great that it wasn't too cold this year too so it was nice.
1 Comments:
I love your family picture attempts, and Micah's silliest costume story. :-) I can't believe how big Kendra is already. It's great to see all these photos, Heather. It was also nice seeing you yesterday. You look great! Hope to see you again soon.
3:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home