Happy 6th Birthday Micah
Well I'm a bit behind the times but I am finally getting back up and running since my computer fried. Jamie has blessed me so much by giving up his computer and putting on the programs I use.

So anyway, Micah had his 6th birthday on October 9th. He had cupcakes at school for the day of his birthday. He did come home for lunch too (Jamie was home too since they were doing our roof on the same day). Then they were off to Jamie and Pompa's before his friends birthday party on Friday afternoon.
He had 11 kids over and it went well. Thankfully, my friend Patti came over to stay for the first bit as Jamie didn't get home until about 4:30 or so. We had a few games, the egg and spoon race, the hiding plastic eggs with candy, pin the tail on the donkey. All games that Micah picked out. We also attempted to make a pinata on our own. I made a Mickey Mouse with balloons and newspaper. The pinata broke after 2 kids but oh well the kids and I had fun making and painting it. Next time we will know to put more layers of paper on it.
Micah got lots of different toys from his friends. Also, Jamie made Micah a loft bed for his birthday. He's been asking for one for a few months now. Grandma also got him some paint for his walls. So I painted his room on Thanksgiving weekend and finished it up that week. It looks great so far but I still have to paint the trim and put up the snowboarding border that I ordered.

So anyway, Micah had his 6th birthday on October 9th. He had cupcakes at school for the day of his birthday. He did come home for lunch too (Jamie was home too since they were doing our roof on the same day). Then they were off to Jamie and Pompa's before his friends birthday party on Friday afternoon.He had 11 kids over and it went well. Thankfully, my friend Patti came over to stay for the first bit as Jamie didn't get home until about 4:30 or so. We had a few games, the egg and spoon race, the hiding plastic eggs with candy, pin the tail on the donkey. All games that Micah picked out. We also attempted to make a pinata on our own. I made a Mickey Mouse with balloons and newspaper. The pinata broke after 2 kids but oh well the kids and I had fun making and painting it. Next time we will know to put more layers of paper on it.
Micah got lots of different toys from his friends. Also, Jamie made Micah a loft bed for his birthday. He's been asking for one for a few months now. Grandma also got him some paint for his walls. So I painted his room on Thanksgiving weekend and finished it up that week. It looks great so far but I still have to paint the trim and put up the snowboarding border that I ordered.
I want to do a update on what he is up too now as well since I haven't done a post about the kids in a while:
So he just got his first loose tooth right before his birthday. He is excited about that since he sees all the kids at school loosing them but it really isn't that wiggly yet so he doesn't get it quite yet.
Micah is reading quite well and sounding out words the best he can. He does guess a lot but I suppose that is normal. He is also starting to write notes. The one day he was determined to make one of those robotic contraptions that you get stuffed animals from. He wrote out the materials he needed all by himself first. It was so cute to see his determination and to see how he spelled the words.
Micah loves school. He had a hard time at first with the long days (he was in 1/2 days in kindergarten) but he is fine with it now. He likes to play teacher now on our chalk board.

1 Comments:
Happy Birthday Micah. I can't believe we have had you for six years now. We love you
10:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home