Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still here


Sorry but I haven't had much time to blog lately. Life is getting in the way, especially one with Christmas preparations and a new baby coming soon.

So we decorated our Gingerbread house at the end of November. It was so nice to see the kids decorating it nicely, together. Kendra usually just eats some candies and MIcah helps a little bit. Both since they are older now Micah did one side of the roof and Kendra did the other. Micah's even has a bit of a pattern to it. Of course, they still ate lots but they did help too.

I also did a demo with the new Christmas stamps for Gel-a-tin stamps at Open Page in Mississauga. That was fun and I love the new stamps she came out with. Here is the cards/tags we made at the event.

We went to the St. Catharines Santa Claus parade. It wasn't the greatest compared to our Grimsby one. We had planned to go to the Grimsby one the next weekend but we missed it. I just totally forgot. I realized when I heard all these sirens going on and I put two and two together. It would have been too late by the time we got there.

We put up our tree the last day of November. Kendra was so cute as she was trying to decorate herself like a tree. She had her dress on for dancing to our favourite Christmas CD (John Denver and the Muppets).
Micah lost his first tooth on December 2nd. He was so excited about it. My mom had given me the pillow I used to have when I was a kid and so he put his tooth in there. I told him to put it beside his sleeping pillow. We'll the "tooth fairy" came but by morning he had knocked it out his new loft bed. He was sad because nothing was in it. I told him to keep looking but he didn't see the toonie on the floor until I pointed it out. I did tell Micah that the tooth fairy is mommy (I don't believe in telling lies to the kids). I played along but he knows that it's mom just loving him.



Micah had a "Winter Wonderland" concert at school on the 11th. It was fun to watch as he was so totally concentrating on the actions and songs. He looked like a statue. No smiles just concentration.

The 12th was Jamie's dad's 60th birthday. We had a family dinner at the Mandarin.

Both the kids have been sick, Kendra started with a fever one night and then it seemed to go away for two days. Then she threw up at church and seemed to be fine the next day. Micah just started with the fever last night but he hasn't thrown up yet. He is not wanting to eat anything either so that might be why.

We did our Christmas exchange with my dad and his wife last night. We went out to Swiss Chalet and then came back to the house. They got us a Wii system, MarioKart game and one wheel controller. Apparently, they bought one and tried it out at home so they have one too. Micah is having fun with it since he is home with a fever today but Kendra just doesn't have the co-ordination for it yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you finally caught up Heather. Love the pictures and all the details

4:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home