Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas decorating time

Today has been decorate the tree and the house day. Every year on December 1st when I was a kid we did all the decorating. I plan on keeping that tradition with the kids, including the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas songs (I found this on CD a couple of years ago). It's been a relatively warm day so nice to be able to put up the decorations without freezing. Still have to figure out the logistics of how Kendra will react to the tree and how we can baracade it. I'll have to post a picture when we are done of everything.

Today is also kit reveal day. I love all the buzz on the Scraptivity site when the 1st of the month comes. The ladies (and gentleman) are like kids in a candy store. The December kit is so awesome too. Here are the pages I created.















Yesterday turned out to be a Holiday baking day. Micah wanted Chocolate cookies so I decided to try a recipe that looked nice. I had all the ingredients so I did it. Well as I read I realized that this required an hour with refriderating and I already heated the oven. So needless to say that I did more than my fair share yesterday but at least I don't have to clean it up once. I did chocolate macroons and chocolate banana bread in the time the other chocolate crackles were refriderating. The chocolate crackles did turn out nice once they were done and Micah had a blast rolling the balls of dough in the icing sugar. He was having so much fun he only ate one ball. All though when mixing the dough he had his fair share of sugar. He says, " Mom, I'm going to eat it all". That was two full bags of sugar in that container. LOL!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Love this month's pages Heather! They are awesome!

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful pages with the kit heather. Way to go.

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home