Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Friday, March 10, 2006

No more wisdom (teeth that is!!)

Well today I got my wisdom teeth out. The surgery went well as I have hardly no swelling and man they were fast. The had to call my mom to come earlier than what they originally told her.

Apparently, there was only one tooth that they had trouble with (the one that hadn't surface through yet) and it has some stitches but otherwise the rest are all holes. It was hard to deal with all the freezing for the first few hours as I couldn't talk or drink (and I was so thirsty since not drinking since 10 pm the night before).

Jamie has been awesome threw this with the kids. They told me I could lift the kids for a while so he has been letting me relax (although I feel fine). I got to finish the book I was reading, "Beyond Jebez" by Bruce Wilkinson. We have been studying his next book, "The Dream Giver" at bible study on Fridays and this was clarifying everything that I had questions about. I really enjoyed it and hopefully I can put "expanding my territory" (for God) into practice. Thanks Patti for leanding it to us!

Also I got some time out for mom this morning. I took my mom's car chair/loveseat shopping. I found one I loved at Leons in a loveseat but I also found a sofa in the same style on for half price in the discounted section. The salesmen offered me to make a deposit to hold it but I didn't do it. I'm so upset with myself as once the freezing was off and I could discuss more with Jamie and I got to call, he said is was already gone. Oh well!! I may still go back for the loveseat after I consult with my mom's designer friend.

Otherwise, I got my haircut last night. Nothing special just a cut as it was getting long after the 5 months of growth.

Thurday I went out to the church fitness group. It was so nice to connect with other ladies and not have to run after the kids. We did a ball workout as a warmup for about 25 minutes and then they do a power walk or run. I just walked since I don't do well at running. It was so nice to connect with some of the older (50s) ladies in the church. I connect with one of the leaders of the group, Judy, who also is the Grandma of one of the kids in Jamie's Kids Connect group on Tuesdays (he co-leads a bible study for kids). We were walking in our neighbourhood and I pointed out where I lived. She told me that apparently our church (in the 1960s) was started in this house. She used to cut the lawn, she fell asleep praying once (she was a kid). So amazing to here what a blessing our house had been in the past.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh Wow, so glad your finally got them pulled... I so need to do this too, but totally afraid to do it. Now maybe I will head off to the dentist this month and get mine done.

Sounds like you had some great Heather time, something that is still very important, you are a Mom and a wife, but you were Heather first and you still need to take time just for you, even if it is just for a little bit.

10:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home