Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Catch up

Sorry I've been a bad blogger. So I'm going to attempt to update what's been happening over the last 6 weeks so it might be long.

The huge snow storm was fun. We were at hom all weekend long and Thankfully didn't have any plans that we had to break. Jamie was faithfully going out at least every hour to shovel as our shovel was breaking and Canadian Tire was totally out of shovels when we went to get a new one. Go figure the neighbour came over after is was mostly done with his snowblower. Oh well Jamie got some exercise. Micah just loved that there was so much snow too. So of course there was tobogganing to do at Nelles park. Kendra is not much into toboggoning but she had fun on the swings in the snow.

We had fun at March Break. The girls were over 3 days and we did activity books, went to a show at he library and lots of other stuff. It was busy for me as they were home all day long but I survived. Larissa is not wanting to nap anymore either so I have no breaks from her either. Micah's kids program at Cenntennial Baptist had a fun day planned on the Wednesday. They had hot dogs and chips for lunch and then we all went skating at the Smithville arena. Kendra came too and it was just too cute with her princess dress on the ice and her boots.

Easter was fun. We died easter eggs during the week with just my two and also with the girls too. We had a little chocolate egg hunt with the girls on the Thursday. Friday we had a Good Friday service at church and then had family over for dinner. The kids got huge baskets of stuff from Gammie and Auntie and my mom gave them some books. On Sunday we went to church adn then the kids had a chocolate easter egg hunt around the house. Daddy hid the eggs in separate spots for Micah and Kendra.







The Saturday of the Easter weekend my mom treated us to the "Princesses on Ice" show in Toronto. We headed out early and had lunch at the Sphagetti Factory before going to the show at 3 pm. The kids loved the Sphagetti Factory and the show. It was very well done and we were able to see everything clearly from where we were.















Micah saw a dog in the neighbourhood on day and asked if we could have a dog. I continued to explain to him that dogs are a lot of work and we already have two kitties and mommy would likely do all the work to keep them feed and such. So we decided that they could have a fish instead. So we went out to the goodwill store and found a fish bowl and then went and got the Betta fish at the pet store. Both Micah and Kendra got a fish off the shelf (they are in little dixie cups). So I tried to get Kendra to put hers back and Micah ended up dropping the fish and the cup on the floor. OPPS!! So we did get the fish and after a few days he was named "Blueberry" (he is blue of course).

My grandma had her 97th birthday this past March 28th. We just had a small celebration at my mom's house with dinner and cake. I made the cake with cranberries and lots of nuts like she likes it. I even made a layered cake like she used to do and put money in it. We used to get a dollar for each age but we were little so not too old. So I decided to put in 97 cents.



I went on a class trip with Micah on April 10th to see "Horton Hears a Who". The neighbour babysat Kendra and I went along with his class to Burlington. I was responsible for 3 kids. They were great except for the 3 trips to the bathroom as they all didn't go at the same time (of course). A lot of the kids got popcorn, kinder egg and drink if their parents parid the extra $4 but we snuck in our own.








Today I decided it was a great day for Micah to try and learn to ride his bike without the training wheels. He was relutant at first only wanting to use his feet on the ground. Once he got over the fear he was off. I only have to get him started by holding him the first 3-4 times and then he got started by himself. He is still trying to master turning but he is having lots of fun with his new found freedom.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohooo on Micah going on his on on the 2 wheeler!! that is great!

Thanks for the update! :)

9:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Micah!

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Glad you're doing okay, Heather-- it sounds like you've been busy!

Sage wants to try to take off her training wheels-- we've been putting her off a little on that one.

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like this are busy - but GOOD! Way to go Micah!!!

2:44 PM

 
Blogger Heather M. said...

It sounds like you've been busy!
Congrats on expecting #3! I just read over at 2Peas! That is super exciting! When are you due?!

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home