Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

December 1st and more

WOW were did November go. Life is just very busy here at the Verrier's household.

Last weekend we ended up in the hospital with Kendra on Saturday. She had started complaining of it hurting to go pee on Tuesday and by Friday she had a higher fever and it just got worse. So we went to emergency at West Lincoln (love that hospital) were it really only took 1 1/2 hours to be seen but Kendra wouldn't go pee for the nurses so we were there for about 3 hours. We ended up taking the cup home and it only took 10 minutes for her to go. So she has a blatter infection and it's really difficult to give her medication. We tried giving it to her straight but she fought and won. We had to pry open her mouth and after all that she spit it all back out. We have had to hide it into drinks and even then she is starting to catch on. She is way better but she definately isn't drinking enough cause she thinking it might have medicine in it.

Thursday the kids went to Gammie and Papa's for the night and then over to my mom's. How awesome it has been to be able to clean the carpets without little feet around and spend more time with Jamie.

We went to Micah's Kindergarten term report parent teacher interview on Thursday night. Mrs. Block says that Micah is extremely bright, he just has to be able to focus on tasks that he is asked to do as he gets easily distracted. She totally gets him which is awesome that everyone is on the same page. I fear what is going to happen next year though in Grade One. NOt every teacher is going to be so tolerant.

Friday night, Jamie and I went out to the Keg and then rented a movie. So nice!!

Saturday I picked up the kids from my mom's after visiting with a friend and then off to bowling. Kendra fell asleep almost as soon as the car was moving (this is rare for her) as of course they were up late with grandma. I ended up dropping her off with Jamie while I went with Micah to bowling. She ended up sleeping for over 3 hours and even then I woke her up so she could help decorate. Micah and I had already done most of the gingerbread house when I woke her up and then we decorated the tree for a little while before it was time to go to the Grimsby Santa Clause Parade. It was cold but we all enjoyed it. We always put up the tree on December 1st but we seemed to get lots more activities in there as well.








Both Jamie and I taught Sunday School this morning which is always a challenge. We managed okay and unfortunately including one biting report. We then decorated the rest of the tree this afternoon. Of course, we also had to go outside to play in our 6 inches of new snow. Micah played for over an hour outside with the older boy next door. He built his own fort (with help from mom) and they threw snowballs at each other. Micah didn't want to come in but Mommy was wet and needed to go inside (it was freezing rain too).

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly A said...

I also can't believe that it's December already. Where did 2007 go?

Isn't it funny when it snows that the kids can't wait to get outside and play. Mine are exactly the same.

I love doing gingerbread houses with the kids too.

Good for you for getting the kids to grandparents and spending some time with Jamie. I hope we manage to do something like that one of these days!

Have a great December!

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

yay I finally found your blog again! I lost your link!! I'm so sorry to hear that Kendra was so sick, but happy to hear that they found out what it was and have meds.

Want to try to get together over the Christmas holidays? I am sure you guys are busy... let us know what may work!
p.

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home