Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Where did 5 years go

So we had Micah's 5th birthday party today with his friends. We had a few that weren't able to make it but there were still 9 kids here. My girlfriend, Janelle, stayed for a little (what a blessing) while but other than that Jamie and I were on our own with the kids. Somehow I guess I was organized enough and I was still able to take some pictures.
The kids played a litte bit at the beginning but then we played Pin the Tail on the donkey, had an egg hunt, had an egg race, they played Barnyard Bingo and Pass the Pig (pass the pig around adn when the music stops the person is out). The games went well other than a few kids just wanting to play with the kids toys for some and then some not so fair play with a flying pig. It was a bit tough with the presents as all the kids want to play with them too. We seemed to distract them with cake and ice cream quite well. The kids were very full sugar before they left. Poor parents.
The one thing though is the last time I used my camera I had it on a high ISO setting and I totally forgot to change it so the pictures are a bit grainy. Not happy about that but oh well!
It was very hot outside and it rained most of the day. The bonus part though was the rainbow further down the street when the party was over. We don't see rainbows very often so it was a treat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Glad you had a great party, Heather. We always open gifts right before the parents come, then the kids don't play with the toys.

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Holly A said...

It was great seeing you this week, Heather. Have a wonderful CSC4K! Sounds like the birthday party was a success. Too funny about sending the kids home hopped up on sugar - I can relate to that one!

12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home