Hawai - Kauai - Day 7
Tuesday August 21, 2007

This morning we took a helicopter ride over Kauai. We were up over the mountains at around 8 am. We first went over the Waimea Canyon first and went towards the Na Pali Coast. It was awesome to see everything from the air. The pilot was very informative and the views were just amazing. I took 200 photos during the flight (although some of them have glare on the windows).

After the helipocopter ride we came back to the ship and Jamie stayed on the ship while I took one of the free shuttles to a shopping area nearby. The beach was right by as well so I took a few pictures and did a bit of shopping. I got some T-shirts and some jams and sauces. 



We went for lunch went we got back. Later in the afternoon we sailed by te Na Pali coast from the water. The afternoon sun really was fabulous at looking at the coastline. We were also able to see Niihau island on the other side. The ship had some commentary telling us of the names of all the mountains. Apparently, there are native Hawaiians that live on the island there. There are only dirt road and there get around by walking, bicycles and horseback. There are a few little islands around Niihau as well.
I had a headache the rest of the night and so we just stayed in our room and watched TV. I didn't feel like eating dinner so just went to bed.


3 Comments:
What a wonderful experience! No wonder you took a lot of photos. I would love to take a helicopter ride someday!
10:53 AM
OMG the memories. We were there for our honeymoon (both Oahu and Kauai). We were not going to drive all the way to the top of the Waimea Canyon either but decided to at the last minute. So totally worth it. Amazing. We also did a boat tour of the NaPali Coast...again AMAZING.
Great pictures and so glad you had a good time.
12:10 PM
OMGosh!!! This is wonderful!!!!! You must be having just so much fun! We loved it there and if you get a chance to head over to Maui, check out the Raod to Hana (you need to rent a car) and stop to hike into the waterfalls! Have a wonderful trip!!!
8:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home