Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

With Kendra not napping my days are full from sun up to sundown and I am really glad that I only take care of the girls 3 days a week or I'd be run down I think. So sorry I haven't been updating my blog. I'm hoping that life can slow down after the Crop for Kids event coming up October 12-14th. It's a charity event for Children's Hospitals across Canada and it should be lots of fun. Check out the details here (www.csc4k.com)

It's been so warm this past month so it's been lots of outdoor time with the kids. One afternoon we went to the beach in town. We had never been there before so the kids were in love. We had the bathing suits but they didn't end up swimming. We ended up seeing on of the kids from Micah's class at the beach with their dog.








Saturday Micah had bowling. He just loves it. For the past two weeks it's only been him and another boy (although there are suppose to be 6 of them in total). Last week Micah got 51 and 76 but the week before he was so close to 100. He only got 2 in the last frame which made him get to 98. So close. He really has been enjoying the walks home too. The bowling alley is on the other side of the creek from our house so we have discovered a walkway through what he calls the "King of the Kastle" place. There is a trail that leads us down to the mouth of the creek and then we head up the street to our house. The weather has been really warm too these past few Saturdays.

Micah has also been going to a program called "Faith Kids" on Wednesday nights. It's a new church for him but he really is enjoying it. He counts down the days until the next Wednesday. I think it's really helping him with learning more about the days of the week. It goes from 6:30 to 8 and they do lots of singing and a bible story time. There are lots of kids in JK/SK so he is with all kids his age.

This Sunday the Fire Fighters in Grimsby put on fun but informational time for the kids. They had the fire trucks out, a bouncy castle, face painting and some great games for the kids to play. This one had them pretending to be sleeping in a bed, then the alarm goes and they have to crawl through a tunnel to get to the door. They have to feel the door with the back of their hand with the help of a fire fighter. They determine it is safe to go through and then they have to run and dial 9-1-1. What an awesome exercise. I think I will have to do that at home to remind them. They also did a fire in the parking lot showing the stages of a fire and what the important things to remember are before the fire fighters came to put out the fire. It only took about 4-5 minutes for the room to be fully engulfed.

Micah went to his friend Jeffery's party this past Sunday. Apparently, he had a blast although I never did hear how it went. He has been talking about it for more than a week and was counting the days down. He had fun that is what is important.

I also got to go with my mom and her girlfriend Trudy to the Chinese Lantern Festival at Ontario Place in Toronto. We got there earlier and had a quick bite to eat before seeing the Imax film on China. Was an awesome history lesson. I have been to China and never did understand some of the history. The film really did make some of the history more real to me. The actually displays were amazing. So much handy work that is put into these displays (some very massive structures including people as well as lanterns). The show that was put on was amazing. Acrobats that just made you go wow!!! Just some amazing pictures too. When we were leaving the moon was just peeking out from overtop of the buildings. I didn't get a fabulous picture but it was amazing (the CN tower is in there you just can't see it).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Great update! The other time Micah spelled something was when I said to you, "That's a "l" "i" "e" that I told Micah and he said, "Gammie, you told a lie."

9:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home