Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pumpkins

On Friday we went out to Puddicombe Farms where they have a pumpkin patch, farm animals and a playground. I love to go to the pumpkin patch as the colours of the pumpkin I think are my favourite so of course I was getting some great pictures too. Here are some of the pictures I got.










I found this very cool red barn door too so I got a few pictures in front of that too.













Friday night I when to a visitation for a 43 year old mother that had cancer. So hard to think that she is only 10 years older than me but she smoked for most of her life so the cancer started as lymph/lung cancer and then spread to her brain. She had 4-5 years from diagnoses to when she died. I hadn't seen her in a long time as she moved away to Cambridge but still hard to see in the living. Especially as Micah is asking me where I was going. The conversation goes like this:

Micah: Where are you going?
Me: To a visitation of a person that died?
Micah: Did she die in a car accident?
Me: No.
Micah What did she die of?
Me: A disease called cancer.

So hard to explain death to children. We took him to my grandpa's funeral in January but he had only meet him I think about 2 or 3 times.

But I rejoice to know that she did know the Lord and she is with Him. A party is going on in heaven for sure.

Life has been busy otherwise especially since Kendra is not napping anymore and I have no time to myself until the kids go to bed. Hence, blogging isn't as often as well as why I have quit designing for Scraptivity. I just don't have the time to keep up with everything. I am still going to be part of the gel-a-tin stamps design team as it's not as much as a commitment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like life is busy for you around there! And I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting!
Death is so hard to explain - it;s true. But Faith makes it so much easier.

10:52 PM

 
Blogger Holly A said...

Love all of the photos, Heather. The red barn door is super, too. Sets you up for some great fall scrapbook pages! :-) I remember when my girls stopped napping in the afternoon. I know what you mean about missing nap time once it's gone. Now you will have to be a late night scrapper, like me!

Sorry to hear about your friend. It sure can be tough to explain death to the little ones. I think when they can grasp the concept of heaven it really helps.

2:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home