Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

New Car/micah scared me

Friday we had our last bible study night for the year (other than one more dinner night). We didn't finish all the videos but I really identified with teaching this week. We are studying "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson. I'll have to borrow the DVD so I can review though the whole thing again.

Saturday was quite the productive day. Jamie had the work truck and look some large tree trunks to the dump we have had in our driveway. I weeded the gardens while the kids played in the yard. Almost had a heart attach though as I left Micah outside while I got Kendra inside and washed up for lunch. While I was in the bathroom I heard a knock at the door and wondered who could that be. When I opened the door I found that is was Micah. He had crawled under the fence into the neighbours and around. He thought he was being funny but I had to give him a slap on the hand. So hard to have to do that but I didn't think he would get it unless I did it. So I guess we have to get a peice of lattice to cover up the gap. Totally scared me!!

Jamie later dropped off the truck and he went to look at a van in Guelph. He ended up negiotating for the price and bought it (with a phone call to me of course). So now on Thursday we pick up our 2005 Toyota Sienna with 57,000 km on it. WAHOO!

Saturday night went out to Patti's to scrapbook. Wasn't all that inspired so I got to look at her new BHG Baby Idea Book (Vicki, Leigh and Melissa were in that one) for a while and then worked on a page with the new June kit. Apparently, Patti (she's the guest designer this month) is getting hers on Tuesday.

Today we went to church for the first time in 3 weeks which was nice to get back too. It was quite a windy day and Micah had his Sunday School paper in his hand and off flew the paper. He was so upset. I had to carry him and Kendra at the same time (Jamie was at the school teaching the bigger kids this week). We had to go back inside and get a new Sunday School paper. Poor little guy. Then he had another melt down today when Gammie and Papa were leaving from their one hour visit. Other than that he has been very well behaved today.

We did a little bit more gardening but it was quite windy. Jamie went out with Chris tonight to the all night Drive In Theatres in Welland. It's hard to believe that they still have 4 theatres still going all summer/spring/fall long while most drive ins are closed or only have one screen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

Congrats on your new set of wheels!

4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the car! That little stinker... and to think you guys thought the fence would keep him in! sounds to me like you have a little Jamie on your hands... boy oh boy... could I tell you some stories!!!

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home