Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Sad news!!

We were able to check out emails during our vacation and we got a message on the Friday morning about my girlfriend Elizabeth and the death of her baby. She was 31 weeks preganant and apparently, Sienna (which means fragile), just died inside of her as the placenta wasn't doing it's job I suppose. Sienna seemed to be healthy otherwise and could have lived on her own most likely as she was already 3 lbs. So hard to hear and really makes you thankfull for the family you do have. The funeral was on Saturday and we wished we could have gone but we were still in Florida.

Also today I got news from my girlfriend, Rachel, that her mother died last Saturday. I had talked with her before we left for holidays and she was going there for Easter weekend and was going to gauge if she should have taken time off of work to spend more time with her. This is the second time she has had cancer. Apparently, she was in remission for a couple of years before it came back. Her mother was roughly the same age as my mother too (~60).

My mother also has a girlfriend, Marilyn, that is in the same senario as Rachel's mom. She had breast cancer about 5 years ago and they removed it and she was fine. She just got back from a trip to Africa that helps build new communities there and she wasn't getting better. She couldn't eat or anything. So that is when they found many lumps all over her body. My mom has talked to her on the phone a little bit and emailed but she doesn't want vistors as if she has any sickness then she could be weaker than she is. She is on chemo therapy right now but it's a very slim chance that she'll make it. We used to spend time with them when we were young and still get together with her three kids periodically.

Really hits home in times like these how short life is. Thankfully HE has a plan (ie. heaven) where there is no sickness or disease if only you choose to accept HIM as your personal saviour (or as the kids are taught - let HIM be boss of your life). Only HE knows all and all your plans in life suceed only through HIM.

Okay enough for now as I'm crying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

OH Heather. Amen and prayers lifted. I'm crying too!

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home