Florida- May 6th
We had our breakfast of all the left overs we had and were packed and ready to leave by 8:45. We got to the outlet malls around 9:15 and I returned some of the stuff I bought on the Wednesday and Jamie got his pair of shoes (love it when you get leather shoes for $25). We didn’t get out of there until about 10:15 or so. We were trying to head for Target but with my bad directions from Wednesday Patti ended up going to the scrapbook store instead of Target. All wasn’t lost (except maybe for time) as we got some awesome stuff. They had these chipboard letters from Scenic route for $5. I really should have gotten more of that. I also got some more patterned paper and some letter stickers. We headed to Target after that. I got to try one some bras and got two new ones (love it when you can get two bras for $25 which would never happen in Canada). When Jamie found me in the scrapbooking section (of course) he left with Micah has he had to go the bathroom. I had a mini fit as Kendra had lost a sandal (well I already couldn’t find one sandal from another pair of hers and she was about to have no shoes). Apparently, it was in the cart. I’m not sure if that is when I lost my new clip-on sunglasses but I was really upset that I lost them after only having them for a couple of days. After shopping we had lunch on the bench outside before heading out again towards Tampa.
We only lasted to Sarasota before Brianna was hunger (she didn’t want to eat much at lunch) and Ian was just cranky. We ended up drivng to the MacDonald’s about 2.5 miles off the highway (apparently Brianna wanted MacDonald’s). We just had some ice cream. In going back to the car I look across the street and my scrapbooking radar spots a scrapbooking store. We had to beg and plead to get in there but when we did there was Janna Wilson of Junktiz there teaching a mini-albums class. We couldn’t believe our eyes. We had to get our picture with her of course and what awesome fate that I found the store. Too bad we didn’t have more time.
We headed off again and we got to the hotel (Howard Johnson) at around 4:30 in the afternoon. Not the best choice on my part but oh well such is life. The beds were horrible, the crowd that we did see was not that great (the bikers and police and all in the middle of the night was not fun for the Millers). Mental note to check the hotel reviews before you book the hotel next time.
Anyways, we had originally planned to go to the Museum of Science when we got back to Tampa but that planned failed since we got back so late. We did go out for dinner at the Cracker Barrel after Ian had a nap. There was about a 25 minute wait but they had these cute rocking chairs outside for you to rock in while you wait for your name to be called or you can go and browse in the store.
Oh what a change from the last dinner experience. The waitress had a 4 month old and was awesome with the kids (Kendra broke a plate). Kendra had lots of snacks and hence didn’t really want to eat so it was a chore to keep her busy. She keep walking towards the store (they have lots of knick knack stuff in there that is breakable). She did get a hold of a box of cookies that looked like a purse. She looked so cute carrying it around the store. I just love the Cracker Barrel. I had chicken and dumpling with melt in your mouth carrots and yummy cinnamon apples. I don’t think that the Miller’s have been to a Cracker Barrel ever so I think we have hooked them. They had a gift certificate to go there and they forgot to use it so now we have to go back sometime. I’d be up for that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home