Florida - May 5th


Today we went 
swimming in the morning again and then headed off to the Bailey’s Shell Museum. It was very small but interesting to here about how they work. We watched a video for a while but the kids did not want to watch and Jamie was talking to work on the phone. They had a small area for kids that had puzzles and a live shell/mollusk tank. There was a class there and they had the mollusks out of the water for a bit. They look like these soft bendable fingers on certain types of mollusks.We then headed off to go see the alligators that the boys spotted on their geo-cache yesterday. Both of them were in the same location in the water below this elevated gazebo. One was about 5 ft long and the other looked about 3-4 ft long. Got some pictures with my zoom lens so no I was not that close to them.
We then headed back to the condo for lunch and for Kendra’s nap. Micah had wanted to go fishing but Chris and Patti’s tackle was not all set up and they were going swimming so I got some stuff for Micah but I didn’t go swimming. I sat with my feet in the water near the edge watching Micah and talking to Patti and Brianna. I have a huge sunburn now as I didn’t think to put sunscreen on my legs. My feet are extremely burned but hopefully they won’t be so bad tomorrow as I’m putting solarcaine on them.
After swimming and the younger ones were awake we took out the fishing gear and we all headed over to the bayou. The boys, Micah and Brianna fished on there for a little while as Patti and I headed to the beach to get some sand in a bottle. The boys didn’t find that many fish on the bayou (although we did see some fish jumping) they headed to the beach and Patti went back with Ian as he was cranky. They fished in the beach for a while and Micah kept saying he caught something but seaweed doesn’t really count. Jamie found this dead fish floating by him so he made this big joke about how he did catch something. Chris went back so that Patti could come fishing too so Jamie and I took care of Brianna while she came. After a short while, we headed back to the condo to get ready to go out for dinner.Tonight we went to Hungry Heron for dinner as it had advertised in a pamphlet for all you can eat crab, shrimp and grouper. We got there and the service was aweful; first she mixed up all the drinks and just got us some new straws even though we had drunk a sip and figured out we had the wrong one. We would have been okay but then the table was wonky and Patti spilled her drink and when we asked for a new table she answered, “the other tables (that were free at the time) were not in her section”. Then Ian was cranky, the waitress got the wrong dinner for Patti and didn’t get the garlic bread that was suppose to come with it. She went and got some garlic bread but it was very hard and burnt. The waitress got her something else (all you can eat Coconut Shrimp) and all was better. The food was not that great other than coconut shrimp (awesome). To top it all off the bill was all wrong when it came. Not impressed with our last night of seafood at Sanibel.
We are getting all packed up tonight so we are ready to go early in the morning. Hopefully we can all eat breakfast and get packed in the car for about 8:30 am.

1 Comments:
Tried to send a comment but lost it. I have extreme grandchild withdrawal and they are constantly on my mind. Even Henri is getting tired of me talking about them all the time. Avie came today and she listened. I am copying you blog to send to Grandpa John. Can't wait till you guys come home. It has been soooo nice to read daily about the trip.
12:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home