Hi! I'm Heather and this a blog of my daily events with my family. It's one place to keep all important details that I'm bound to forget.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Kids growing updates

Well I realize that I have been lacking on writing done what the kids can do lately so I thought I'd do a separate post about it.

Kendra is now 15 months old and the last time I was at the doctors she was just over 20 lbs (before we went to Florida). We have switched her to forward facing in the car now.

Kendra now has quite a few teeth. She got a few of them while we were in Florida. She has the 8 front and bottom teeth and one incisor tooth. She has quite the gap between her top two teeth but hopefully that will be a good sign that her grown up teeth will have lots of room when they grow in.

Kendra is walking all over the place now and doing these little jumps like running sometimes. She is so cute walking espescially since she is still so tiny. She started walking consistingly just before we went to Florida (started around beginning/mid April). She was a late walker for having crawled so early. I do think she has my fallen arches though so hence her feet may have not been stable enough to walk earlier. I am going to ask the doctor about that at her 15 month appointment this week.

Kendra loves to put sunglasses on now especially since we have gotten back from Florida. She doesn't keep them on for long but she is so cute with them on. She tries to put them on for herself too.

Kendra is totally an indepdent eater and has been for sometime. I just recently gave her a fork. She is doing well with some foods with the fork. She is also getting really particular about the foods she wants to eat (generally still health though). She only grunts and groans for what she wants but she gets her point across. She is loving the fruit snacks that I just got. Tonight she saw us eating corn on the cob. I gave her some of the cut off corn but she wanted to eat off the cob too. So I gave her one of mine to chew on like we were.

Kendra doesn't really have any words yet other than mama and dada so that is a little bit late but I suppose she will get it in time. I think she has said "hi" a few times but really hard to tell. She loves to put her tongue in and out and just make sounds and sometimes little squells. I hope that she can stop that one but I think that she has micmicked that one off of Micah's little whining times.

Micah is doing better with his attention span but it's hit or miss whether it works or not. He was going to the Ready Set School Program and he will now raise his hand in a group situation to answer a question. He seems to be good for other people but act up for me (of course). Somedays he will decide to walk to the park or to Tim Hortons while I'm trying to get everyone in the car. He won't stop when I tell him too. I really not sure whatelse to try. I'm afraid that one of these times he will be in danger (ie. car nearby) and he won't listen. I need to work on this more with him.

He is still working getting his shoes and coat done up. I know he can do his shoes by himself but he doesn't like to do it. I'm finding that I get no where if I try to make him do it. Even if it's somewhere where he wants to go. He can get his coat on by himself with the flip over your head trick but he can't do it up by himself. I need to learn a trick to teach him to line up the zippers part.

Micah is also going the potty all by himself now (other than washing his hands as our tap is really hard to get on). Yesterday he told me he had to go pee so I let him go by himself and just come up later to help him wash his hands. He actually ended up going #2 all by himself which included wiping himself. He got a chocolate for that one but we are trying to stop giving him chocolates now that he understands when he has to go. He doesn't miss all that often but when he has to go he has to go really soon so I better run. Sometimes I have to get him to pee in the bushes when we are at the park (not liking that but there is no way he can wait for 5 minutes until we get home).

Micah is starting to write more letters now. He knew how to write his name a while ago all in capitals (backwards c and all). But now he has tried an E and a F. I will have to start working on more of them with him. He uses the eraser board book sometimes. It has a dry eraser board that he can follow the arrows to draw the letters. His colouring now ventures out into many colours. He used to like all one colour but now he did a little bit of this one and a little bit of that one. He has drawn people before but he won't do it on his own (I have to ask him to draw one and I draw one myself).

I really don't think there is anything wrong with Micah's speech. He has some problems pronouncing some words but I think it's all normal. He almost always calls his sister, "ten-dra". I'm working on it and he will say it right but then revert back to his way. Certain verbs are harder too. He will say, "winned" instead of "won" but that is English that is confusing. Most people can understand what he is saying so that is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather M. said...

Great update! Your kids are growing up so fast, Heather!

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home