Bad blogger - sorry long
Kendra is better but still has a runny nose and is coughing occasionally. Hope it clears up soon as she still has to get her 12 month shots and she is now 13 1/2 months old.
This weekend has been a challenge with the weight loss. Friday night at bible study oh so many good treats but I was good and stuck to the popcorn. Saturday at Patti's was also a challenge but the veggies were closest to me and so I munched on those all night. Weekends are horrible for snacks and junk.
I had my follow-up dentist appointment on Thursday and the nurse said everything looked fine so I could eat anything now except things with seeds. After the dentist I took the kids to the mall to do some shopping and get Kendra's picture taken. The pictures are great but not happy with the aftermath. Apparently, the sears portrait studio doesn't accept Sears gift Certificates but I could go to another cashier and a manager could cash it out so I could pay with my gift certificate. Well the lady told me she couldn't do it unless she put a credit on my Sears card (which I have had but never used except once). Well she said she put the money on and I went to pay for my pictures and they said my card was not active. Well after all the waiting (30 minutes) the kids were cranky so I just left and then called the compliant centre that night. The lady was nice and they are going to check into why they can't accept gift certificates and she is going to send my money back that I am owed plus $3. We'll see what happens in the next little while but I was really mad.
Friday night Gammie and Grandpa came over to babysit while we had bible study. They had the kids up late and Kendra is still recovering today as she is on hour 3 of her nap. Will have to be more strict with the bedtime next time.
Saturday I helped out with the program offered though our church and Revenue Canada to help low income earners to get their taxes done. I have never done any taxes before so I was there to learn. I did one tax return for a senior that was very easy. Amazed me that they can live on so little. I also tried to do my own tax return to check what my mom got. I did finally get it with some help. I am going next week too so I will try to tackle Jamie's for more practice. My mom did our taxes last week as she can do them fast and efile them for us. We are getting $4500 back. WAHOO!!

Was also at Patti's (Patticakes) last night for her church crop. It was a lot of fun and oh my the accents and people from different parts of the world. One lady is Scottish and her husband is from New Zealand, another from Sweden originally (she was so overdue with her second baby so I hope things get a moving for her) and a lady from the southern US. I finished up these pages I started a long time ago and started a winter page too. The fun part was trying to politely tell one of the ladies that she wasn't scrapbooking safely. She had the rubber cement and construction paper out. I was cringing watching her so I had to say something. I think she might not use the construction paper anymore (as I told her it fades) but she seems keen on using the rubber cement as it says on the bottle it can be used for photos. She looked thorough my book and really love it so hopefully she will change.Also while at Patti's we talked more about taking a trip somewhere warm soon. We are still hammering out details but it will either be Florida or a last minute Caribbean deal. We might have to get passports fast but I'm excited to have a vacation and have some friends to chat with too while we are there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home