April kit - so nice!!
Been busy this week with my new Scraptivity April kit. Oh so nice!! I've done one page but I have been preoccupied with getting plans for a Florida trip settled. Still nothing concrete yet but we are working on it.
I got a call from my old roommates sister on Sunday indicating my roommate is getting married in September. I haven't talked with her in a while and had no idea how to contact her. Apparently, her job wasn't secure in Dryden so she got a job in Edmonton and is out there now. The wedding is in September so hopefully we can swing going out there for the wedding. We'll have to see though.
Yesterday I went to a Waste Management workshop for the morning. It was so nice to be get back into my field a little bit and be without the kids. It was really interesting as there were waste management managers from all over Ontario. They were having the meeting to try to get some ideas to get the government to get moving on waste management issues. Now is the time as the Michigan government has passed a Bill about 10 days ago that would stop all the Toronto and Industrial, Commerical and Instutitional (ICI) wastes from going to Michigan. It was interesting to hear about the pressing issues (no packaging standards to reduce wastes, increasing use of disposal products, Environmental Assessments that can drag on for many years (in one case it's been 20 years). It was an informative day although I was only able to stay for the morning. I sure hope the Government is listening and gets their act together before it's too late.

1 Comments:
Hey, if you come out to Edmonton we'll have to try and meet up somehow.
7:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home